cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry 9700 white screen.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

any ideas how to sort out the white screen on my blackberry? It was on an o2 contract for 18 months, when I upgraded I then use the 9700 with a PAYG sim... so I cant take it back to the shop as its no longer under contract.... hope its repairable??

For a while we could press the top corner to 'unlock' the phone and it would ask for the password.. tried password daughter thought it was, you get 10 attempts, so we stopped trying at 7 tries.....

Then i thought we could use o2 livechat to 'reset' the password, but live chat is too busy to use tonight.... ideas anyone? thanks:)

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144779 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
You will, at a guess still have the password issue though? BBSAK can reset your phone from the PC without the need for touching the phone. Alternatively you can try reinstalling the OS through the normal BB desktop programme.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144779 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

O2 won't know what password you have set on your phone, so if you have forgotten it you will have to reset the phone. Only hope is trying to do so through the BB desktop software on a PC connected to the phone.

http://bbsak.org/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply:) we did manage to do a back up the other day whilst it had the white screen, so I'm hoping if I connect it again and do a restore, I can then reload it from the backup I made? I'm not at all technical when it comes to phones, but I'll have a go at it as we've nothing to lose - it doesn't work right now so it can't get any worse!

Thanks for the advice:)

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144779 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
You will, at a guess still have the password issue though? BBSAK can reset your phone from the PC without the need for touching the phone. Alternatively you can try reinstalling the OS through the normal BB desktop programme.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the replies suggesting reloading the OS.. will have a go at it tomorrow as it now continually has the white screen, even after pressing the unlock on the top of the phone... will let u know how I get on:)

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt mention, after having 10 attempts at putting in the password (that we didn't know) the phone wiped itself, so I then restored it with the backup I'd previously made... I had read somewhere suggesting it needs a new screen, but I'll reload the OS first to save myself £33...

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144779 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
If the OS reload doesn't fix it then yes it will need a new screen unfortunately 😞

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7