Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB10 OS update

Sanj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I believe the OS update is being rolled out. Any idea when O2 will have the update?  It's meant to prolong battery life etc.

Message 1 of 92
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

k100rs
Level 3: Thinker
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

woo hooo happy dance it's finally been release!!!!! slight_smile ..... let's hope future ones are a little more prompt eh slight_smile

--
Steve Parry

Phone timeline:
Nokia 5110, 6210, 6310i, 6600, 6670, 6300, N80, 3230, 9100, 5800 XpressMusic, N8, Z10 ....... currently Nokia 5 br>
provider: Cellnet>BT Cellnet>O2 .....

View solution in original post

Message 69 of 92
91 REPLIES 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

Most importantly it will also ring for incoming calls when in sleep mode. At the moment an emergency call would be missed, so I would urge O2 to roll this out as soon as possible.

Message 2 of 92

Sanj
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

At present I just change the profile to "phone calls only". This silences all alerts and allows calls through. 

Message 3 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
Come on O2 - late to the game, AGAIN. If I insert a Vodafone SIM I'll get the update due to it being carrier pushed to the handset type without MISDN authentication. Being that anyone can do this with their device and get the update from a competitor network (go ahead and encourage your own churn...), why delay the update at all?

Message 4 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I'm waiting on this too.  Phone calls only in bedside mode is a feature I miss the most. 

Message 5 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

I really don't understand the reason for the delay. Can someone explain?

Message 6 of 92

Sanj
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I assume that O2 are testing the update?

Message 7 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unlock your phone using this link: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Once you've done that, put in a Vodafone PAYG SIM and get the update immediately - it will be carrier pushed to the handset. All the smoke and mirrors over 'testing' is utter tripe. I'd like to see Blackberry go to a model like Apple where they release the updates directly to the handsets - it's ridiculous that we can turn to other providers for the service O2 should be providing to its customers. 

Message 8 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree - my garage doesn't question or 'test' any mods or recalls by the manufacturer.

The Z10 is a splendid bit of kit with fantastic potential, but let down by rushed software. This upgrade would appear to fix most of the current issues.

Grateful though I am to GronardGames for a solution, as an O2 paying customer, I expect O2 to provide timely updates, or furnish me with a good reason why they are unable to do so.

In the current economic climate, customer service is increasingly one of the most important differentiators, and one which will influence my future purchases.

Message 9 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

My colleagues have updated via Vodafone with no issues using the process above. If O2 are not timely with updates throughout the duration of the contract I can see a lot of people voting with their feet.

Message 10 of 92