Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB10 OS update

Sanj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I believe the OS update is being rolled out. Any idea when O2 will have the update?  It's meant to prolong battery life etc.

Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks Leonard for looking into this.

I am not getting the update, and when I check I get the message I have latest version. The most recent update still not available for o2 customers

No problem, Heres. 

If you have a Z10, it should be available. Let me know and I'll chase it again for you.

Message 21 of 92

Sanj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The software update has been released?

just checked.  Not yet. 

Message 22 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hm okay - perhaps I've received the wrong information then. Chasing it again! slight_smile
Message 23 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thanks for you help Leonard.

Unfortunately still no update here, either.

Message 24 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry guys, it seems we had a bit of miscommunication, so sorry for the confusion.

From what I understand, the update is more of a maintance release, rather than a major OS update. So our device team have no plans to test it. Sanj's suggestion would work for those of you who would still like to have the phone ring while muting all other alerts:

@Sanj wrote:

At present I just change the profile to "phone calls only". This silences all alerts and allows calls through. 

Hope that helps and apologies for the confusion.

Leonard

Message 25 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

So BlackBerry and other operators consider it a worthwhile update, but O2 don't. Not impressed.

Message 26 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
Goatsbreath I'm with you...absolutely shocking response
Message 27 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Goatsbreath,

Yea - I can imagine you would have liked the update and that it's not the answer you were looking for. I've just tried to give you some more definitive information, so I hope it helps.

Are there any particular features you were looking forward to?

Message 28 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are battery performance improvements in this release....those lucky enough to have had it have noticed a huge improvement
Message 29 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is not so much about features, it is about fixing the rushed OS released with the Z10 on January. Excessive battery consumption, the bedside mode problem, transfer of contacts, integration of Gmail, improved camera performance to name but a few.

BlackBerry obviously consider this important to allow them to successfully compete with rivals. Unfortunately O2 is forcing them to do this with one arm tied behind their back.

Message 30 of 92