Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB10 OS update

Sanj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I believe the OS update is being rolled out. Any idea when O2 will have the update?  It's meant to prolong battery life etc.

Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91

k100rs
Level 3: Thinker
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So I assume it's reasonable to argue that if Blackberry are putting out an update that they're doing it to resolve an issue that has been found that makes the device not fit for purpose?

This being the case O2 are legally obliged to pass on this update as soon as possible or find themselves contravening the Sale of Goods Act by supplying goods or services that are not fit for purpose. The redress from this is that unless resolved the customer has the legal right to walk away from the contract with O2 citing that the contract is breached due to the supplied device being unfit for purpose as demonstrated by the manufacturers update release.

O2, get your collective backsides into gear and release this update, and all others, in a timely fashion, or face a raft of customers legally closing their accounts with you!

--
Steve Parry

Phone timeline:
Nokia 5110, 6210, 6310i, 6600, 6670, 6300, N80, 3230, 9100, 5800 XpressMusic, N8, Z10 ....... currently Nokia 5 br>
provider: Cellnet>BT Cellnet>O2 .....
Message 61 of 92

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Nice try, but I don't think you'll win with that reasoning.... Fit for purpose re a mobile phone = make calls, send texts, emails, apps etc... The phone still does all that wink

Don't get me wrong, I think O2 should update immediately but your reasoning is flawed....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 62 of 92

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

O2 do seem very lax in releasing these updates, they need to realise that people aren't prepared to wait for 'the better customer experience'. To be honest I haven't read of other networks releasing the updates with any great problems to the detriment of the phone.

Message 63 of 92

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

O2 do seem very lax in releasing these updates, they need to realise that people aren't prepared to wait for 'the better customer experience'. To be honest I haven't read of other networks releasing the updates with any great problems to the detriment of the phone.

Takes us back a full 360 to the unbranded firmware discussion and how we have a great customer experience without any help from O2 at all slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 64 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 REALLY need to get their finger out and issue this update. As previously mentioned, it has over 60 enhancements to the operating system, improves battery life considerably and fixes the bedside mode problem.

This may only be a maintenance release rather than an OS upgrade, but the fact it resolves so many problems, its is very surprising that O2 are regarding their customers with such contempt by not releasing it to us.

And the fact that none of their customer service staff either online or via twitter seem to know anything about this update is worrying! Vodafone and other carriers around the world have released this update...so why don't O2 staff know anything about it?

I really wish I had actually moved away from O2 at the moment (which I very nearly did when I upgraded from my Bold 9900), if this is the way we are going to be treated with updates. At least I could load leaked OS version onto my 9900!

But hey ho, I have recievde my Vodafone SIMs and already filled in the online form so I can have my phone unlocked. I'll get this update the unofficial route even if O2 dont want me to have it.

Message 65 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also completed the unlock form. With a very nasty taste in my mouth. And a long memory.

Message 66 of 92

YorkieRay1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The Z10 is a great phone, but it is a version 1 phone running a version 1 OS. All of the issues I have with my Z10 are software related and I Fully expect BlackBerry to be issuing updates over the coming months. It certainly will not help if O2 are dragging their heels with every update, without giving full explanations.

Message 67 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't understand why O2 aren't rolling out the update, it's clear that it fixes some tangible issues (battery life being one of them), and other carriers here & abroad have made it available
Message 68 of 92

k100rs
Level 3: Thinker
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

woo hooo happy dance it's finally been release!!!!! slight_smile ..... let's hope future ones are a little more prompt eh slight_smile

--
Steve Parry

Phone timeline:
Nokia 5110, 6210, 6310i, 6600, 6670, 6300, N80, 3230, 9100, 5800 XpressMusic, N8, Z10 ....... currently Nokia 5 br>
provider: Cellnet>BT Cellnet>O2 .....
Message 69 of 92

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I'd love to know your thoughts on it when you have had a play around.

I hope its useful!

Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 70 of 92