O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Other Devices (Nokia, Blackberry, etc)

Level 1: Joiner
supertom

lost 02 phone/sim card

i lost my sim card yeterday and reported it to o2 who blocked it, if someone loads the sim into a phone will it still list the names and numbers in my contact list and any saved messages or will it just not read the card? the number was 07549-451042

thanks
rjp
Please use plain text.
DaveC
Topics: 23
Kudos: 83
Solutions: 24

lost 02 phone/sim card

Don't know about messages as different phones save them to different places.
Contacts will be on there and if someone was nosey enough they could get them off.
Most likely they will stick it in a phone, see if they can make calls and bin it when they can't
To contact O2 click "Contact us" at the bottom of any O2 page, and click the service you need, or wait for "Live Chat" to appear.

Mobile since 1993
Please use plain text.
supertom

aarrgh

i was hoping that once blocke dit would simply not connect to the network in which case it would say cannot read sim
Please use plain text.
DaveC

lost 02 phone/sim card

Usually true, but there are ways to get them off - but unlikely
To contact O2 click "Contact us" at the bottom of any O2 page, and click the service you need, or wait for "Live Chat" to appear.

Mobile since 1993
Please use plain text.
supertom

so

so if someone puts the sim card in a phone it may not read it after all? when i had a phone stolen a couple of years ago and then recovered, when i turned it on you couldnt get the contacts as is just wouldnt connect to network, just preying that happens this time
Please use plain text.
diliff

Re: so

so if someone puts the sim card in a phone it may not read it after all? when i had a phone stolen a couple of years ago and then recovered, when i turned it on you couldnt get the contacts as is just wouldnt connect to network, just preying that happens this time

How come you're so paranoid of a random person finding your contacts? Sounds more like your wife found the phone and you cancelled the sim card to avoid her finding your mistress's name in there. :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
DaveC

Re: so

How come you're so paranoid of a random person finding your contacts? Sounds more like your wife found the phone and you cancelled the sim card to avoid her finding your mistress's name in there. :smileywink:

She might be on the net now buying a SIM reader :smileyvery-happy:

Mobile since 1993
Please use plain text.