Nokia - Windows Phone 7.8 *RELEASED*

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hey Guys,

Got some great news for all you Nokia fans out there! slight_smile You all will be delighted to know that we’re currently testing and working closely with Nokia UK to unveil the Windows Phone 7.8 software update for Lumia 610, Lumia 710, Lumia 800 and Lumia 900 soon to ensure it delivers a superb user experience.

Once we have a green light for the roll-out, we’ll update this post and O2 customers will be available to download the update via Zune. Exciting times, right?! Meanwhile, I’m curious to know which particular feature from the latest version (7.8) are you guys waiting for?

WP 7.8.jpg

Update 31/01/2013: WP 7.8 is live for Lumia 610, 710, 800, and 900 and WP 8 PR 1.1 for Lumia 820 (OTA).

What does the update include? For Lumia 610, 710 & 800 devices, it includes:

• New features to the Start Screen, new colors and lock screen improvements.
• WP 7.8 OS includes enablers for new apps such as Bluetooth Share and Ringtone Maker.

For Lumia 820 devices, improvements include:

• Increasing device performance
• Browser enhancements and new ringtone capability.
• Improvements to the general functionality of the phone including NFC pairing, battery monitor performance and bluetooth connectivity.

Cheers, Abs

Message 1 of 209
208 REPLIES 208

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Guys, 

Microsoft has identified a minor issue in the Windows Phone 7.8 software update for Nokia lumia 610, 710, 800 & 900 and have temporarily paused the delivery until it’s addressed. Customers who were unable to update their devices to WP 7.8 earlier will get the update by the end of this month. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Just to clarify, customers who have already got Windows Phone 7.8 update for their lumia devices should be working fine. 

Thanks, Abs

Message 101 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

I installed the 7.8 update on the 31/1/13. Ever since i have had serious problems with the Live Tiles not working and numerous things including havng to re charge the battery every 9-10 hours. Whilst i know that Microsoft has issued the update but i have been unable to get any possitive solution from O2 when i will get the revised update. i spoke to customer servvice the where partly helpfull as they didnot know the Nokia Lumia 800 was having problems the requested that i contact Nokia which is pointless as we already new that Microsoft was allready working on the fix. Perhaps O2 could confirm when everyone that recieved the Initial upgrade . Will now need for the update to be instigated to get all the functions working correctly

Message 102 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds familiar, only I have not had the update yet. When I contacted O2 they put me through to their Broadband department thinking that 7.8 was a desktop computer software?

I really have to say I lost all faith in O2 at that point; only 11 months to go on my contract and it will be too late for the upgrade then. EE here I come.

Message 103 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been checking my phone and going to Market Place but still no update available. It would be nice if O2 could let us know what is going on why the Microsoft update has not been made available to everyone. I noted that the Message left by the O2 member indicates that all the people they had installed the 7.8 the phones would be operating correctly. O2 should let people what is going on as to whether O2 are testing the update hopefully not it will take for ever.

Message 104 of 209

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I can appreciate the need for the update and as soon as there is more news on its availability for the Nokia devices mentioned by Abs in his earlier post he (or I) will update this post and let you know.

Cheers!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 105 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry that does not cut it! I had to replace my wife's phone with a sim free phone from phones4u. That phone has already been updated. It would seem O2 are dragging their feet on this
Message 106 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

That last reply is really unhelpfull they should be contacting Microsoft or Nokia and for O2 to get the update to everyone. Also i and many other people with the same proble have with phone not using a majority of it function the battery without any warning you need to get phone recharged or it will shut down completely means that have problems if your out you have to plug at other peoples houses if your out.the phone will shut of completely.. Some usefull information would be appreciated when we can look foward to all the functions working and the Live Tiles where i have bought the Apps dont work.

Message 107 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable
Microsoft said for ages that the carriers would be responsible for the updates since there are many different versions depending on the carrier specifications. It is down to O2, pure and simple!
Message 108 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

My main concern is that O2 dont appear to getting there finger out the Microsft has been available for a while. The other Networks must be passing the software as i heard from people that there phones are working correctly even the Live Apps that had paid for with the developers. Lets hope O2 want to get the problems resolved as soon as possible.

Message 109 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Nokia 710 found the update on 21 March, strange some people are not getting it.
Message 110 of 209