cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Further to that *bl**p* thread...........

Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed that a thread has recently been closed because it was deemed to be "getting a little fruity" (SIC).

Not being familiar with that term "fruity" used in such a context I had to look it up and apparently it means:-

Informal or slang term meaning insane, strange, eccentric or stupid

So, my questions are:-   Which of these applies?  And what does the "management's" intervention say about the contributors to the thread, and in particular about the "reward earning" contributors? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Quite possibly the words that were being used which are now not bleeped out were being used in a risqué manner , maybe.

Please forgive me but I don't know what you mean by "s? And what does the "management's" intervention say about the contributors to the thread, and in particular about the "reward earning" contributors? "
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Anonymous

Quite possibly the words that were being used which are now not bleeped out were being used in a risqué manner , maybe.

Please forgive me but I don't know what you mean by "s? And what does the "management's" intervention say about the contributors to the thread, and in particular about the "reward earning" contributors? "

Hi @Anonymous   No need for forgiveness.   What I meant (and I am sorry if it was not clear) is this:-   Someone from the O2 Community "management" (you know the Co-Ordinator/Moderator folk) decided to terminate the thread for the reasons stated i.e. it was getting " a bit fruity" which as I indicated means "insane, strange, eccentric or stupid".   Since the words themselves cannot be accused of insanity, strangeness, eccentricity or stupidity it must be the authors who have been exhibiting these traits.   Simple really.  wink

Message 3 of 12

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Que? I from Barcelona.

Could somebody PM about this. enquiring mind needed to knew.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 12

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I don't want to be a party pooper here guys but please be careful what threads you start. 

We had a few issues on here not long ago whereby members were getting into trouble for discussing the actions of the moderators.  If you have an issue with a decision then it will be better for you to PM @Toby 

I know you don't have any intentions of causing trouble @Anonymous and you are simply asking for clarification but this may be deemed as breaking the community guidelines and we don't want to do that. 😞

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for an interesting message @gemz4the1 I have read and re-read my original message several times and I just cannot see anything in it that questions any decision or action by the moderatorial team. Nor can I see anything that contravenes Community guidelines. I really would appreciate some clarification of why you or any other reader might think that I was causing trouble whether intentionally or otherwise.
Message 6 of 12

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I didn't say you were causing trouble @Anonymous - I have not seen the thread that you were talking about. All I can suggest is sending a PM to @Toby and he can clarify things.  I am just saying that posting a thread about it wasn't a good option considering another member did it a few weeks ago and no good come of it......

Message 7 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I'm guessing the latter of the four meanings in your original post @Anonymous , it was getting a little stupid but as for rewards we have been repeatedly told that the posts don't count so no harm done to the simultaneous equation or Einstein's theory of Relativity or whatever the formulae used. I see no problem with your post either.

When the community is quiet fun and frivolity just seem to happen.....:smileywink:

Message 8 of 12

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

When the community is quiet fun and frivolity just seem to happen.....:smileywink:

Quiet ?

.......well we need to do something about that !!

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gemz4the1 wrote:

I didn't say you were causing trouble @Anonymous - I have not seen the thread that you were talking about. All I can suggest is sending a PM to @Toby and he can clarify things.  I am just saying that posting a thread about it wasn't a good option considering another member did it a few weeks ago and no good come of it......

Thanks @gemz4the1  - I appreciate your concern and take it in the spirit intended. slight_smile

Message 10 of 12