Did you mean: 

Poor signal and Useless chat bot

02Ifield
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I was told my signal would be good.  I live in Ifield - RH11.

Signal at home is barely 1 bar, often drops to 3G. I get missed calls. I have Virgin broadband and the wife calling is enabled.

when I go to my car and  try to use my phone for google maps, I cannot until o drive away for a while.

i go to central crawley and poor signal. Struggle to use parking apps.

And yes I have done all the recommendations on the support site, upgrades, restarting, reset network settings.

When I try  to use the chat not to talk about the issue - I just goes in circles with either pointing me to the support page or deciding it has to start from scratch.

And those support pages - basically restart phone or - lessons on how phone signals work. Basically tough luck and dont talk to us.

I want to exit this worthless contract. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You have a 14 day change of mind period

After that you are liable to settle your device plan (if you have one) and then you can cancel without airtime fees

If on a sim only contract you would have to settle in full the minimum period left

Some help guides here

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You have a 14 day change of mind period

After that you are liable to settle your device plan (if you have one) and then you can cancel without airtime fees

If on a sim only contract you would have to settle in full the minimum period left

Some help guides here

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6658 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

Chat is very limited.

We have these guides which may or may not help, but we are not O2 and a community of customers.

May be worth calling into an O2 store with photo ID and replacing the SIM to rule that out

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@02Ifield 

How to cancel Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4