Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requires

Anthony_b123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I was just wondering, I owed my 02 bill on the 20th of this month but I got an email to say that its overdue, I was wondering would you be able to check for me thanks.

Anthony 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Anthony_b123 

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 who’ll find a solution that’s right for you.
Payment Management opening hours:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 8

JK123
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue - I paid by Direct Debit on Wednesday 20th December and O2 are saying that the payment has failed.

I spoke to an O2 advisor who recommended I get in touch with my bank. I've done so and they've confirmed the payment was made successfully.

I've not changed bank, phone contract, any personal details, etc. so it seems something on O2's side has not worked properly.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@JK123 @Anthony_b123 

You should both consider a direct debit to prevent such issues.

Manual payments have long been an issue with O2.

Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 8

JK123
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I...did pay by Direct Debit. It prevented no such issues.

I've been paying by Direct Debit for my entire time with O2 (which is 10+ years) and literally never had an issue until this latest payment.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

Indeed you did @JK123 

There's no hope these days with O2.

It's falling apart at the seams.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 8

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36474 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@JK123 wrote:

I...did pay by Direct Debit. It prevented no such issues.

I've been paying by Direct Debit for my entire time with O2 (which is 10+ years) and literally never had an issue until this latest payment.

Being moved to the new 360 billing system meant I was showing as £3.46 in arrears a couple of months ago. Luckily, my "card wallet" allowed me to settle that amount forthwith. That is despite sufficient credit balance to cover at least one month's regular payment amount. T'is misleading, being bounced across to 360 mid-month when payment comes due as well... 

Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6342 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@JK123 wrote:

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue - I paid by Direct Debit on Wednesday 20th December and O2 are saying that the payment has failed.

I spoke to an O2 advisor who recommended I get in touch with my bank. I've done so and they've confirmed the payment was made successfully.

I've not changed bank, phone contract, any personal details, etc. so it seems something on O2's side has not worked properly.

@JK123 

You might need to contact your bank again and obtain from them the unique transaction identification number, which will probably be sixteen digits in length. Your payment will either have gone into a suspense or unidentified remittances account, or been allocated against another customer's account.

Either way, the unique transaction identification number will enable O2 to trace your remittance and allocate it against your account. 

Message 8 of 8