Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no number syndrome

MartinIP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What the hell is going on with 02's new sim cards? I have had about 5 new 4g sim cards and used them with a brand new mobile and every incoming phone call was "no number" even from my contacts list? I eventually sent the new phone back and put the sim card into my ancient Nokia phone that has never given me a problem and guess what....all incoming phone calls are "no number" I have reset the phone and activated yet another new 02 sim card and the problem still persists.So I have no idea who is calling me and if I miss the call I have no idea who called to phone them back......SO ANNOYING

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@MartinIP 

It's a common issue.

This is a customer to customer community, not O2.
You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Kosmos5457
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have experienced this issue also. I had to call customer services many times and go through the usual, and so much annoyance with put SIM in another phone to test, network setting reset as well. 

My findings were this:

4G and WiFi Calling, they were fine. I would receive incoming calls with CLI. 

If I happened to go onto 3G, EDGE or GPRS, there would be no incoming caller ID. 

I have seen so many others in here, in this community forum, with this issue. I had requested a disconnect and reconnect of my number. I was advised that it is a last resort that they'd do this. 

What I've noticed now on my O2 account, since the issue has been fixed is a bolt-on or service called CLI Presentation Facility. That was not there before and is now. Check in the O2 app. 

Please call O2 and ask that they add this CLI Presentation Facility. Be quite specific with them and state that you know in no uncertain terms that it is a network level issue. If the customer services person is unsure, ask that they escalate to the network investigation team. 

Message 3 of 16

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35957 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

@Dave-O2 what is this mysterious "CLI Presentation Facility" bolt-on of which they speak?

Is this a "new", ie System 360-related, feature with which all have to contend?

Pray, do tell, for us mere Legacy customers 🤨

Message 4 of 16

Kosmos5457
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

IMG_8845.png

Message 5 of 16

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Curioser and curioser, said Alice.

Not appearing in my list of bolt ons in 360.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 16

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

1st class bodge

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 16

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 649 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 16 Solutions

Thanks for the tag on this one @pgn 

Just to give some more background and advice that can be used for any future threads on this topic, if a customer is receiving calls where all numbers are listed as No Caller I.D. The customer will need to contact customer service to check that the CLI Presentation Facility is active on their account.

No Caller I.D when receiving calls has generally only been seen after a Virgin Media to O2 number migration and doesn't impact all migrations, just a small number.

This isn't legacy/360 related.  

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 9 of 16

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35957 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

Thanks, @Dave-O2 - note however when the number of reports here related to new phones, not necessarily migrated from VM to O2, eg:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Unknown-Caller-Issue-Receiving-Calls-From-Contacts/m-p/16...

In the case above, the fix was the CLI Presentation Facility being enabled (added in this case by CS to appear as a bolt-on in the OPs MyO2 as shown further up this thread.  Seems it fixes more than a VM to O2 migrated user (where required).

Message 10 of 16