cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i'm disappointed with o2’s 2g signal of late...

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all,
i'm disappointed with o2’s 2g signal of late...
i have recently been to the following places and found them to have no usable signal what-so-ever...
1) Chevin Hotel & Spa, Otley, LS21 3NU
2) Crathorne Hall, North Yorkshire, TS15 0AR
3) Sporting Lodge Inn, Middlesbrough, TS17 9LW
4) Bettys Tea Room, Harlow Carr, Harrogate
what are your thoughts on o2’s signal and do you think it is worse than other networks or better ?
would Vodafone, oranage, t-mobile worked in the above places?
Thanks and regards
B!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you talking about signal inside buildings or outside?
Its normally believed that O2 has a marginally better 2G network than Vodafone with the others a long way behind.
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently stayed at the sporting lodge, your correct about poor signal.
but it is not in Middlesbrough its a few miles outside, so is a low population area, thats why theirrs no signal
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the reply... why though in 2010 does o2 not cover areas where vodafone/orange do ?
come on o2... you have over 21 million customers.... get a grip!
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you talking about signal inside buildings or outside?
Its normally believed that O2 has a marginally better 2G network than Vodafone with the others a long way behind.

signal inside buildings... ?
Message 5 of 15

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
O2 webmap coverage checker says on street with the wording may work indoors etc
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm with Vodafone but there are types of building construction that block mobile phone signals.
It varies but as an example, my local Sainsburys blocks the signal but in the Sainsburys 2 miles away it's OK. The same with 2 Tesco stores.
But ASDA and B&Q are probably the most consistent at signal blocking.
It's probably connected to the amount of metal cladding used in the building structure in relation to the position of the local mast and perhaps the amount of electrical interference created within the building.
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Inside coverage is not guaranteed by any network, due to the huge impact that construction materials have on the signal.
Generally speaking the frequencies that O2 and Vodafone use penetrate further than the frequencies used by Everything Everywhere.
Of course, if there happens to be something between the mast and where you are then you are stumped. And moving the mast won't cure it, just move the problem elsewhere.
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
. . .

Uninformed and simplistic statements like that, make a mockery of the huge efforts that ALL networks make in what is a very complicated and difficult area.
Your energy would be better directed at a simple request for improved coverage in those areas.
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
. . .

Uninformed and simplistic statements like that, make a mockery of the huge efforts that ALL networks make in what is a very complicated and difficult area.
Your energy would be better directed at a simple request for improved coverage in those areas.

Thanks for your comment however I have made a 'simple request' in e-mail, writing and voice!
Any more suggestions ?
Message 10 of 15