Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from Samsung S5 to S7 Edge

xxscrappyxx
Level 4: Observant
  • 69 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello one and all!! I hope I am in the right forum!

I made several attempts to upgrade my phone online, but decided to cancel the process as I couldn't proceed on my mobile, and when I got home I chose to watch TV and play video games :womanvery-happy:

Anyway, today I received a call from someone at O2 wanting to discuss it.  I said I was at work and couldn't really talk - so we agreed they will call me back later.

My question is, is it worthwile taking the call?  Will they give me a better deal than what is on offer on their website?  I'm not particularly looking to cancel my contract as I have been with O2 for well over 15 years.  

Any help guys? Do I have any room to negotiate?  I am currently on a refresh tariff paying £18.69 per month for unlimited usual stuff plus 2GB Data.  I need more data.

Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Firstly are you sure the call came from O2? It may have been one of their advisors but always better to make sure. If they do call you back ensure they are offering you a Refresh deal. O2 are the only company who can give you this

Either way @xxscrappyxx see what they offer. If you are happy then go with it...

These are the tariffs on offer with the S7 https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tariff/samsung/galaxy-s7/?productId=f06174ad-4c08-4c8e-80a5-5989e9e92cf1&p...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Firstly are you sure the call came from O2? It may have been one of their advisors but always better to make sure. If they do call you back ensure they are offering you a Refresh deal. O2 are the only company who can give you this

Either way @xxscrappyxx see what they offer. If you are happy then go with it...

These are the tariffs on offer with the S7 https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tariff/samsung/galaxy-s7/?productId=f06174ad-4c08-4c8e-80a5-5989e9e92cf1&p...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23170 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

You might also want to try calling customer service on 202 from your mobile and use the 'I'm thinking of leaving' option. That seems to be a method people use to get better deals on upgrades.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 26

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
You won't get an S7 for £18 a month nor get more data either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 26

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yeah, 18 might just about cover the Airtime, now just add on 30 a month for the device.
Message 5 of 26

xxscrappyxx
Level 4: Observant
  • 69 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I would pay whatever the cost of the phone is on refresh.  But I would like more data.  I paid £20 per month for my S5 + the airtime of £18+

Message 6 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@xxscrappyxx wrote:

I would pay whatever the cost of the phone is on refresh.  But I would like more data.  I paid £20 per month for my S5 + the airtime of £18+

Have a look at the tariffs I included in my link @xxscrappyxx. You can decide whats best for you (if any)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 26

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
Tariffs and handset prices are all listed in the shop.
If you call retentions and do a deal you can expect to get about £4.00 a month discount on average.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 26

xxscrappyxx
  • 69 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Errr.... I hope so! I'm not sure anyone else would know I made several abandoned attempts to upgrade my phone.

The number was withheld though.  I don't usually answer witheheld number calls, but as I get so few of them (since I changed my number), I thought i'd take it.  I have NEVER upgraded my phone over the phone.  It has either been online or in CPW.

Don't know what I was thinking asking this woman to call me back.

Message 9 of 26

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Upgrading my tariff in February and I got 4GB for £18.00 but best option in my opinion is to speak to retentions to try and get a good deal on the tariff. Thinking of leaving with 2 accounts could make for a better bargaining tool.

Message 10 of 26