Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading

Ee-42
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning. I'm due to upgrade my S10 (which I'd happily not do, I'm very happy with it) but cannot find any Samsung phones I'd consider upgrading to with decent prices and options. The S22 looked OK but the battery life is apparently bad which is no good for me! Can someone please advise? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10183 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Ee-42 

Best thing to do is look on the likes of Tech Spurt or MrMobile on Youtube or Sammobile.com as there lots of options to go through and the above are independent.. 

Knowing what you want from a phone would be good, and to be fair none of the Samsungs are bad, when it comes to battery life.. (remember what you read on line is a small percentage of owners whinging)...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

Ee-42
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I just want the usual, decent battery life, good camera, large storage, good reception! I wouldn't mind just keeling what I have but then I lose my upgrade options for the future. 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Ee-42 

No one is forcing you to upgrade now.

You can continue with your current phone and upgrade at anytime in the future.

Also look at the Pixel 7 range as an option.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

My S20+ (which I've passed on) certainly had a better battery life than the S10

Later versions of Android on Samsung phones are less power hungry.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5697 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Hi @Ee-42 

GSM Arena is an excellent website for mobile 'phone reviews including video reviews. 

Have you considered the Samsung Galaxy S54 5G ? It is an splendid device and is currently reduced by £150 at Currys. That takes the higher specification version down from £500 to £350, which in my opinion is a very good deal. It also comes with four years of updates so does future-proof you ! 

I would be interested to know what you chose and what you views are of your eventual purchase.   

Message 6 of 6