Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bills for someone else

Steve_W
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For a number of months now my mother as been receiving bills to her house for someone else. She has probably had 40 or 50 of them by now and every single one gets returned to O2 with "Not known at this address". Even a quick look at the bills show O2 hasn't even done any basic checks - the postcode is for a completely different county than the bill is addressed.

I raised a complaint with O2 and got a automated response - "....try to respond in 7 working days". That was on 11th August, so deadline missed.

And still the letters arrive. My mother is classed as a vulnerable pensioner and this is bordering on harrassment and is causing her distress.

As O2 clearly don't bother to monitor returned bills or their complaints I was hoping that someone on here was able to escalate the issue.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 4

Steve_W
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @jonsie 

They don't want to know on the phone. It goes along the lines:

O2: "Are you the account holder?"

Me: "No. I'm trying to tell you you are sending bills to the wrong address. The account holder lives somewhere else and nobody at the bill address has any contracts with O2"

O2: "We can only discuss with the account holder"

Basically useless. I've raised a complaint already. After 8 weeks I can escalate to the independant adjudicator. Just trying to see if there was anyone monitoring this who was able to escalate issues within O2.

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23174 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@Steve_W This is the independent review service within O2's complaint link: I've never heard of anyone having to wait 8 weeks to use it: O2 - Your Service | Resolver UK

O2 are becoming more and more useless by the day.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4