Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New s7 wont receive text from friends who are on ee

Shann1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I got the s7 yesterday and everyone's texts have been coming through ..but my mums and my friend ..they're on EE so I was wondering if that's why?? Anyone else got a similar problem
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145069 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
There appears to be a problem effecting some customers currently which o2 are aware of and trying to fix.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23222 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Shann1 There seems to be quite a few threads recently with people having texting problems for many different reasons. I suggest you call customer service on 202 from your mobile and report your issue to them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 13

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

This must be the 6th post in a few days with similar issues about text problems...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23222 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

I don't think the problems are specific to EE. I believe one of the recent threads concerning texts had to do with not receiving them from Vodafone. Something is definitely odd though, with all the threads related to text problems.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 13

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Well the OP is getting texts from other networks but yes, there's been half a dozen text related problems but I don't think they are related to be honest. Customer service are tending to point to TuGo but I'm thinking possibly it's more to do with new simcards being registered or swapped on the system. But I don't think there is ready made one-solution-fits-all.

Message 6 of 13

David19
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've had text receipt problems from various friends not on O2 over the last week, since getting a new Sony Xperia Z5 (with a nano sim). I was only really alerted to this issue late yesterday afternoon. In all cases to my knowledge, these same friends were still receiving text messages from me. I had the Tu Go app installed on a tablet - have used without any issues for a few years. I discussed with O2 Technical Support early evening yesterday. Customer Service had already advised a few customers have been reporting texting issues recently and it was possible it was related to my Tu Go app use. Tech Support advised that I deactivate my Tu Go app - from memory, have to click on your own photo in the 'slide out' menu (not the settings tab that becomes visible). This has resolved for me! I'm now unsure whether or not to reinstall Tu Go and re-register or not. Could the change to a new sim have 'upset' the interface with Tu Go? Hope this helps you.

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 145069 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
There appears to be a problem effecting some customers currently which o2 are aware of and trying to fix.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible that it's a batch of faulty sims

Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 10 of 13