Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally ridiculous

Gray1h
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After my partner passed I went through the O2 bereavement services to keep one of the numbers on my partners account, went to a shop to buy a new sim so I had my own account and was told it would take 5-10 days to get the number swopped that was on the 12th of april, we are now 3rd May and I now have no working phone. on monday the original number stopped working and I had to use the new sim, on wednesday in the early hours I got notified the swop had taken place, and yes I could call out on my number but could,t recieve on it, phoned O2 "it needs time to update"...on Thursday still the same..."it needs time to update I will check at 4pm and start an action if no change" No call no action, phoned again today Friday "we will have to send out a new sim will take 1-3 days as its approaching weekend probably be monday" I have funeral directors, cemetery, family, utility providers all probably trying to get intouch via my number and can't. I wish I had cancelled the whole thing and went to another provider, to anyone else having the same thought about swopping a number DON'T especially if you need it quick and easy there's no such thing as far as O2 is concerned.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6807 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

Sorry for the loss of your partner.

The last thing you want is this sort of mess at this time.

No arguments from me regarding O2, they do seem to make a mess of the simplest of things.

Regretfully we now have no O2 agents here that can help.

If they are sending a new SIM almost certainly they will cancel your present one before it arrives.

It maybe a bit of messing but I would get a PAYG SIM from a supermarket etc and give the new number to those that need to contact you

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 9

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6426 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Gray1h 

Sorry to hear of your loss. 

Have you tried 'phoning O2 about this issue ? There is a number on :-

Bereavement | Account and Billing | Help & Support | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/bereavement

Oxonian_0-1714763653221.png

Message 3 of 9

Gray1h
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Already been through bereavement went through them on the 12th of last month....New sim arrived hurray.....short lived same problem I can phone out but no one can phone or text me....you try and phone the number from another mobile and all you get is " this number is not recognised please dial the correct number" been on the phone for what seems like hours with customer services trying everything possible, sim does exactly the same in another phone so know its not the phone, an incident has now been raised another 3-7 day wait...I've had enough...if this isn't sorted by Tuesday (bank holiday or not) I'm going to another network with a new number and O2 can take me to court for the new 12 month contract that I had to take out on the 12th to get the phone number from my partners account. I am so angry I don't need this

Message 4 of 9

Oxonian
  • 6426 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Gray1h 

I fully understand your anger. If you do leave O2, this might be useful :-

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Good luck. 👍

Message 5 of 9

Gray1h
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

More news it appears that if someone is using the O2 network then they can reach me my sister is on Giffgaff and phoned me on the mobile and it conected, got her son to call me (his on vodophone) and no good, so has anybody heard of this problem..only recieving calls from an O2 carrier but no other carrier ?

Message 6 of 9

Oxonian
  • 6426 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Gray1h 

That sounds like a split port to me. You need to contact O2. Unfortunately, this is a customer to customer community so we cannot access your account.

You can message O2 on social media :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

The social media team are UK-based and have a good reputation for solving problems. I suggest that you give them a try. It often takes them 48 hours to respond to a request for help, so do please periodically remind them of your plight. 

A complete schedule of how to contact O2 is in :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 7 of 9

Gray1h
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sill ongoing...still no proper working phone and nothing but fob offs...."we have passed it on to our technical team" phone up 2 days later no referral on system  TWICE...our technical team will ring you in the next 4 hours...NOTHING...I have spent hours on the phone I even tried to cancel my contract yesterday but the assured me they would get it sorted by today...what a fool am I for believing them. I cant wait for these idiots any longer..let them dare try and get the rest of my sim only contract out of me I'm off court or no court

Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
  • 6426 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

I fully understand your anger @Gray1h but please do take care. O2 are very quick to transfer - sell - unpaid debts to debt collection agencies and to trash their customer's credit rating in the process. 

Instead, you might want to consider using O2's internal complaints' procedure as that then opens up other avenues :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

Please ask if you require further help and please keep us updated on developments. 👍

Message 9 of 9