cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

Not sure if this message appeared anywhere in the forum.  I couldn't see it so decided to post again.

We frequently have long stays in St Vincent and the Grenadines and always experience a problem in that we cannot send texts to the UK although we can receive them.  It seems only to affect this area; we can send perfectly normally in Barbados for example.

Our local service provider is Lime who say the problem is not theirs.  O2 say the problem is not theirs either.

Anyone got any ideas?

Grateful for any information.

Thanks

tissan

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you are a contract customer you could try TuGo, if not there are many texting apps that you and the recipient will need installed and texts can be sent over wi-fi.

Unless O2 and Lime can decide whose fault this is you're stuck for using sms.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Have you tried a different provider to see if the problem persist?

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
adriannadavey Hi, sorry if I confused you by saying "our local service provider". I meant our local coverage is Lime.
Message 3 of 18

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you are a contract customer you could try TuGo, if not there are many texting apps that you and the recipient will need installed and texts can be sent over wi-fi.

Unless O2 and Lime can decide whose fault this is you're stuck for using sms.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry

I have no idea what the problem could be.

Hopefully other members will be able to assist you in the morning.

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
perksie, thanks for informative reply
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
adriannadavey, thank you
Message 7 of 18

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I just hope it was of some use to you.

I hope you get an answer on this.

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

i cant sent no textes to anybody, i get failed every time. the message center is the correct number, ive had to reset my hole phone, thinking there was a problem with my phone, but still cant text. i put a voda phone sim in and taddar!!! i can send textes. so its not my phone. the signal disappears no matter where i am. cant use voda phone as its not my number. o2 are a joke. ive tried so many times to contact them threw online chat. 5 times i tried to talk to them. kept getting a error. i hope you get yours sorted. i thought it was my phone..im very very disappointed with there service

More info
cant send textes cant message no one
Message 9 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144571 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27727 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

i cant sent no textes to anybody, i get failed every time. the message center is the correct number, ive had to reset my hole phone, thinking there was a problem with my phone, but still cant text. i put a voda phone sim in and taddar!!! i can send textes. so its not my phone. the signal disappears no matter where i am. cant use voda phone as its not my number. o2 are a joke. ive tried so many times to contact them threw online chat. 5 times i tried to talk to them. kept getting a error. i hope you get yours sorted. i thought it was my phone..im very very disappointed with there service

More info
cant send textes cant message no one

You don't realise just how irritating all of that can be !!

I hope everything improves for you soon.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 18