cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal in Central London

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I've been a customer with O2 coming up to 4 years now and I've never really had a problem with signal however I've taken out a 4G contract for my partner and he can't get signal in the workplace, bearing in mind it's Fleet Street(EC4A). Even when he walks out and about it's still the same and can't get 3G until at least ST Paul's. Has anyone else had any problems with this? I've done a signal check for the area and 4G has a "seamless" rating and there's a mast close by.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Many are suffering from mast congestion across the uk as O2 upgrade their masts.

A good self help thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

download the my network app to report your masts.
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi yes the signal in Central London is pretty poor at the minute it's because O2 have too many customers to cope with the demand we can only hope it will improve
Message 3 of 16

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

yes the signal in London, and it's widespread not just in the centre, has been getting worse and worse, O2 really need to upgrade the backhaul sytems in order to cope.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 4 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
As said, it's the same all over the Country in certain places.
O2 is investing 1.5million a day in a network upgrade though, so we hope this will fix ALL their problems......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe they should cap the amount of customers they take on until this is sorted
Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
and turn away business !!!!?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know it won't happen but would be a good idea to keep customers happy but we can all only hope it gets sorted soon
Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
True.....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 16

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

They will grab as many as possible no matter the detriment to an already very overloaded network.

Message 10 of 16