cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolling plan payment taken but not updated!

AnnaBanana
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

o2 took my payment on Wed 7th Feb, however just noticed that my account says "You currently don't have a tariff set up" and my current balance had reduced.

Have rang up o2. They've acknowledged the payment has been taken but rolling plan not applied (and apparently it's not just me who has this problem).

They then tried to upsell to get me off PAYG. I explained that I have no interest in being committed to a contract at this time and am only interested in a service that is month to month, and that I require for o2 to "make it right" so that I leave the call with my plan applied.

After 20 minutes on this call they told me they have resolved the issue and applied the rolling plan and I just needed to wait a couple of minutes and restart my device.

I asked about my current balance, which has been reduced unknowingly to me due to my rolling plan not being applied by them - he ignored that.

Sorry for the grumble but feeling cross! Off to restart my phone with my fingers crossed...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Hi @AnnaBanana 

Welcome to the o2 Community forum 

Things don't seem to be working as they should at o2 presently hoping that issues will be resolved soonest and calm restored 🙄

Hope all works for you when phone restarted 

If not you can also leave messages with o2 on social media here (if this helps and suits you)

Here are some contact details 

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

Or phone them on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 

4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 9

AnnaBanana
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.

Rolling plan hasn't updated... so on the phone to o2 for the second time today! This has taken up an hour of my time already 😞

Message 3 of 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6628 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1490 Solutions

O2 appear to have serious problems with payments.

What also worries me is that we are getting more cases of Customer Services trying to upsell. A Virgin tactic which seems to have come across

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 9

AnnaBanana
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

45 mins on the second call. At least 30 mins on hold - they've hung up.

Unbelievable!

Message 5 of 9

AnnaBanana
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It gets better. No response on Twitter so I rang again. 3rd person.

They that there is nothing they could do (except put me on a contract) and gave me a different phone number to ask for a refund.

I spoke to a 4th person on that number  who said they couldn't see the payment and that all I can do is speak to my bank for an "indemnity claim" and this is because I'm on a self-service plan. I've been very happy to self-serve but for no-one to be able to help me now something has gone wrong is ridiculous. 

How do I formally lodge a complaint?

Message 6 of 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6628 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1490 Solutions

Just to say complaints are taking around 8 weeks, not the few days .

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 9

AnnaBanana
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the info re complaints turnaround.

Because I need the plan & my number my temporary resolution has been to set up a new rolling plan, which appears to have worked. I'm off on holiday but when I'm back I'll speak with bank re getting the original £15 back and will draft a complaint in the meantime (being sent around in circles for hours is ridiculous, and I'd like to make sure two £15 payments won't be taken next month and to get my £6-odd credit back). I'll also explore my options of leaving and taking my number elsewhere.

I appreciate rolling plans probably aren't as lucrative and therefore as popular for o2, but to be told there's no support and nothing they can do because it's "self-service" is just ridiculous. They should get rid of the offering, rather than taking the money and not offer any help when things go wrong 😞

Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@AnnaBanana wrote:

I appreciate rolling plans probably aren't as lucrative and therefore as popular for o2, but to be told there's no support and nothing they can do because it's "self-service" is just ridiculous. They should get rid of the offering, rather than taking the money and not offer any help when things go wrong 😞

@AnnaBanana 

In many cases, Rolling Plans are taken out by individuals who would fail a credit check and not be able to have a contract. Hence, they are lucrative in the they give a group of customers access to O2 who would probably not otherwise be customers. It is an extra stream of revenue. 

Good luck with the complaint - your notes articulate a lot of what is wrong with O2 currently.      

Message 9 of 9