cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't know if this is an O2 issue or my phone which is a HTC one mini. From last night, every time somebody has text me, the same text has kept coming over and over again every 10 mins. It's driving me bonkers especially as I need my phone for the alarm clock. I really can't listen to this all night!! Anybody else had these problems?..
Message 1 of 55
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Previously reported issues have been fixed by replacing the sim card.
Contact CS or pop into an O2 shop for a replacement http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe clean sim or call customer services on 202

-Mel-
Message 2 of 55

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Previously reported issues have been fixed by replacing the sim card.
Contact CS or pop into an O2 shop for a replacement http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'm afraid I haven't.

Try turning the phone off , clean the sim , re insert and turn back on.

If it continues one way possibly to help is to ask an O2 shop to sim swap for you which moves your number and tariff to a new SIM card.

Or ask for one to be posted to you and perform the sim swap yourself. http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Takes from a few minutes to approx 24 to fully settle. Turning the phone off and in helps the reconnection.

Ensure you ask for the correct type. Ie payg or contract.
Message 4 of 55

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

We had loads of customers having this problem 12-18 months ago and had sims replaced. Strangely this is the first we've had for a while.

Message 5 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any luck?
Message 6 of 55

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Any luck?

We may have to give the OP some time to arrange a replacement sim card wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 55

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Any luck?

We may have to give the OP some time to arrange a replacement sim card wink

It might help Mexican Wave

Message 8 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, afraid not. I've turned it off, taken sim out and turned back on again to no avail. The texts keep on coming. I've had to hunt for a manual alarm clock lol..can't do anything now until I come home from work tomorrow night..thanks though
Message 9 of 55

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
No worries.
If you order via CS you can do the swap yourself when it arrives by filling in the request form - although you may still get the confirmation code 20 times slight_smile
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Currently using:
Message 10 of 55