Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK, soooooooo

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
In case you hadn't seen, the xperia z3 has released, would you know? No, not a mention at all. I even signed up for email alerts when more (preorder) info came out. Nothing.
You wouldn't even know that o2 had the green exclusively, unless you looked.

I've not seen any flagship release with not as much as a fart of info.
Very strange.
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

What is even stranger is why that 4 letter word hasn't been bleeped out Shocked

@viridis wrote:
I've not seen any flagship release with not as much as a fart of info.
Very strange.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 11 of 30

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

Expansys are already offering the Z3 Compact and the E3 in a two-for-one deal.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I think it comes down to mainly money and a bit of laziness.

I haven't researched much of the z3, but I don't think they make the same amount of money on the phone with the price of the phone and plans, as they do the on the phone they heavily promote.

Granted they should still promote all phones, not necessarily all to the same amount on costs purposes maybe, but that is where the lazy part comes in. We all know that the o2 ordering system when it comes to new releases is a  bit of a shambles, you see every year iPhone buyers up in arms as orders don't go out on a first come first served basis. I just read a post with someone having issues ordering a moto 360 but nothing seems to change with the chaotic pre-ordering system. They are making their money so nothing needs to change.

Sorry o2, this is just my opinion, and now I buy my phone from the manufacturer and just get an o2 sim.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that they take it for granted as they know there are those who specifically want that phone and will buy it.

Message 13 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144427 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry o2, this is just my opinion, and now I buy my phone from the manufacturer and just get an o2 sim.

As many of us do too......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 30

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I normally go with SIM-Free as it is just more convenient, you own the handset and all there is to worry about is the running cost of the SIM.

Oddly enough, I managed to get a SIM-Free this time around from O2. The Galaxy S2 I had before had to be altered and have the network code removed.In fact, the next time I'm going out all iPhone, the T-Shirt and overpriced sock to go with it.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 15 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As many of us do too......

It took me a long time to realise that. Don't know

Message 16 of 30

MI5
  • 144427 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Obviously depends on having the cash to buy phone outright but if you put the money away each month that you save from not having a contract phone you will probably have saved enough to get a new phone every 12 months (inc recycling your current phone).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also signed up for the email alert but didn't get no notification so today I just happened to be on the O2 website and saw the Z3 was in stock and ordered it immediately so should have it tomorrow.
Message 18 of 30

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Let us know what you think of it when you've had the chance to get used to it.:smileyhappy:

Message 19 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122979 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

It would really be nice to hear something about a different phone (Different to the iPhone I mean) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 30