Did you mean: 

O2's Negligent Service and Damage to My Credit File

charmsd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 Case Number: CFR123 - 1055036004

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with O2's customer service and their gross negligence in handling my account, which has resulted in significant damage to my credit file.

Six months ago, I signed up for a monthly contract with O2, but the mobile reception and coverage were abysmal, particularly in the northern England region where I reside. Recognizing the inadequate service, I initiated the cancellation process within the stipulated grace period.

However, to my utter dismay, O2's internal system error resulted in the erroneous addition of my name to a debt collection agency, severely impacting my credit score.

For the past six months, I have been tirelessly engaged in resolving this matter, but O2's bureaucratic structure has created an endless cycle of frustration. My calls to their customer service (30+ calls so far) have been met with repeated transfers to different departments, each of which seemingly lacks the authority to rectify the situation.

This ongoing saga has caused significant disruptions to my financial endeavors. My attempts to open bank accounts have been denied due to the damaged credit file, and now my mortgage application is also jeopardized.

I have repeatedly requested escalation of the issue to a senior manager, hoping for a prompt and effective resolution, but my pleas have fallen on deaf ears.

I am appalled by the fact that O2 is allowed to operate in this state. Their service is a disgrace, and their disregard for their customers is simply unacceptable.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Sadly, as this is a Customer to Customer forum with no O2 staff,  nobody from the company is going to read this.

Apart from filing an official complaint (8 week turnround) and then turning to the Communications Ombudsman, I can only suggest trying Resolver. Details part way down this page

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

charmsd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I made a complaint as well, no responce. 

Hopefully I educated current and future customers not get into the same problem like myself. 

Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@charmsd 

When did you lodge your complaint ? 

If O2 have not responded within eight weeks, you can then escalate matters :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

It would be worth considering, even at this stage, whether to use Resolver. They have a reputation for facilitating satisfactory outcomes.

Please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 4 of 4