cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Credit Referrals...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was refused an O2 contract due to failing the O2 credit check. I have an excellent credit history so after buying and checking my Equifax report and finding it has a high score raised the matter with O2 credit referrals (email only service). After waiting for the obligatory 5 days I got the non-specific and very vague response below. I asked someone else on this forum who reported similar credit check problems and they confirmed that they got the same response.

It seems then that even after the 5 day wait, all you get is an automated and unhelpful response. I've now sent in a customer complaint, but it really seems that once the O2 automated credit check has marked against you, it's extremely difficult to actually get a 'thinking' human being to look at the case and enter into a meaningful dialog that would help to resolve the mis-understanding.

Can anyone suggest how, or to whom I could address my enquiry more directly or tell me of any success stories in overcoming such problems?

Text of O2 reply:-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good afternoon

Thank you for your email about your application for service with O2.

O2 use a number of business policies to assess an application for service via an automated scorecard. Credit scoring produces consistent decisions and is designed to ensure all applicants are treated fairly. As many criteria are considered when assessing applications, it is unlikely that any one specific item would have meant that you did not meet our requirements.

Regards

Telefónica O2 UK Limited
Credit File Referrals (Uk)
Finance and Professional Services
Suite P, Arlington Business Centre LS11 0NE
f +44 (0)113 202 5865
www.o2.co.uk
Message 1 of 118
117 REPLIES 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

oops, my mistake - creditfilereferrals@o2.com

Message 31 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick update for anyone considering buying an O2 product. I've now been waiting two weeks for an acknowledgement just to my email (yes just a "thanks we got you email") and still nothing. So, they inadvertently credit black listed me then wont even send me an email. Priceless. How about a reply? You knowe its only been two weeks!!!

Message 32 of 118

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
If you've paid off the account now you can have the relevant credit company update their records. It it the companies responsibility to keep all data held on you up to date by law!

There's many ways too sort things out. O2 cannot change your credit rating for you only you can my friend
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 33 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

A repy!! thankyou, thankyou, thankyou... Although you are wrong on three counts. First O2 need to stop sending the credit reference agencies wrong information every month. Two, only O2 can reverse their mistake. Three O2 need to make good the sending of wrong information to the CRAs for the past two years.

Still no official news from O2 about the real problem. I'm still waiting...

Message 34 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess I will have to talk to myself then..

I have accounts with Vodafone and Orange. I can highly recommend these companies. Belive it or not they send you text messages asking how satisfied you are with the service and you can phone them up. They even reply to your emails!!

They are amazing! They actually respond to your emails!! No really they do..

Message 35 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Guess I will have to talk to myself then..

I have accounts with Vodafone and Orange. I can highly recommend these companies. Belive it or not they send you text messages asking how satisfied you are with the service and you can phone them up. They even reply to your emails!!

They are amazing! They actually respond to your emails!! No really they do..

Awesome!

Message 36 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that was the kind of reply I've come to expect. Very high standards indeed.

I love the strap line for this site: get help from the O2 community.. Like it.

Message 37 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Now that was the kind of reply I've come to expect. Very high standards indeed.

I love the strap line for this site: get help from the O2 community.. Like it.

I don't work in the department you're waiting to hear back from.  I've already given (earlier in the thread) an outline of how that department works.  And I've given my opinion along the line.  

Message 38 of 118

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
We're all customers ourselves we don't get paid to help you.

Cheer up slight_smile just don't use O2 we cannot magically fix it only point you in the right direction my friend
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 39 of 118

Anonymous
Not applicable

What a pointless waste of time. 

Message 40 of 118