cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had no service for 3 days, O2 are telling me there is no network problem in my area so why are 4 phones in our household showing NO SERVICE?
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145322 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27921 Solutions
Check the postcode yourself and it will confirm if any mast issues are present or drive out a mile away and see if you can connect elsewhere to confirm.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It's possibly mast congestion.

Does this happen only at home ?

Look at these generic self help tips

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

And look here via your full post code.

Pay attention to the planned maintenance tabs also.

http://status.o2.co.uk

Interim alternatives are Tugo for Contract Customers.

Also Viber and Whatsapp are alternatives as long as the recipient has them downloaded too.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I've spoken to 02 on live chat and they are adamant there is no problem in our area but my husband has just spoken to a friend with the same problem and 02 told him there is a
mast problem in our area! Confused now....do O2 know what they are doing?
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Live Chat are non Uk outsourced call centres who are typically fine for low level general enquiries.

O2 are currently improving their network and as such seems to be causing a lot of mast congestion / down times for people across the Uk.

They quote by 2017 here http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
To add you can download the MYNETWORK App to report your masts.

Get everyone on O2 affected in your area to do the same.

Keep a diary on your downtime and sometimes as a Goodwill Gesture O2 do give a reduction to offset against the downtime. It's not guaranteed tho.

Speak to Customer Service on 202 or fill in this form http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 5 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145322 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27921 Solutions
Check the postcode yourself and it will confirm if any mast issues are present or drive out a mile away and see if you can connect elsewhere to confirm.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same trouble with my S3 mini for the last 2 weeks. I could not send or receive any texts from home first and then couldn't make any calls unless I switched the device off and on again. The reason is that it kept losing the network connection. Try turning the ice off and on again. Go to Settings >. More settings> mobile Networks> and search for the O2 network. Once you have found the network, go to your keypad and key in #02# and call this code. The problem should be repaired. I got all this from a nice person on Live chat btw. And my phone seems to work ok now. They sending a test text and and a test call to see if your network has been restored.
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

Sorry to hear this has happened...:smileysad:

Please follow the advice on this thread and lets us all know how you get on.

Thanks for your help @Anonymous, @MI5 and @Anonymous ! Thanks!

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would recommend NOT using Live Chat. Causes more problems than it solves in my opinion.

As suggested above go to the status check at status@o2.co.uk and enter in your postcode to check. If it says fine then recommend you call o2 on 202 (contract) or 4445 (payg) and discuss with CS.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have checked again on the network status webpage and it is now telling me a mast isn't working in my area despite saying all was well yesterday. I shall be asking 02 for compensation as this has happened 2 or 3 times before and is so inconvenient.
Message 10 of 11