Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with apple watch

Colin100771
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had ongoing issues with O2 since December. To set the scene in November I had an iphone 14 pro max and an apple watch ultra with a data plan on a personal contract, both worked perfectly.  In December I changed my phone to a 15 pro max and when I tried to activate the data plan I got a message saying “ Your O2 account is not eligible to enable mobile service on you your apple watch. Contact O2 for more information”.  I have spent at least 10 hours on calls to the support desk, all to no avail, I reckon the system thinks I have a business account rather than a personal account but no one at O2 seems able/willing to help.  I visited the local O2 shop who agreed this was the issue and someone would call me to deactivate and reactivate my sim, this was over a week ago and no call.

Has anyone experienced this issue with activating data on apple watch after upgrading their phone?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10194 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Colin100771 

The only information we have on here is this guide here, and no one will call you we can promise you that... 
Best way is to reach out via socials to Customer Services.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Apple-Watch-FAQs-amp-Activation-Guide/ba-p/1684464

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Colin100771 

It's a regular thing on here. 

Keep trying with O2.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Activate Apple Watch Guide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Colin100771
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply, managed to resolve the issue myself by switching to an esim in my phone, now got a data plan on my watch

Message 4 of 4