Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 14 stock

Dniii
Level 1: Joiner
  • 20 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im confused about stock! so I went into a store which I wont name yesterday to ask about stock (they had in stock in his hand iphone 14 pros) not for pre-orders which I could have had there and then.

He also told me average wait times in store are between a week or 2 depending on which pro max storage or colour is ordered.

This got me thinking - why are people on here including myself waiting 5 weeks to 2 months for stock? 

o2 are clearly not prioritising pre-orders, and if stock for o2 is such a massive issue why are there display units on show in stores in store when usually stock shortages prevent this?

the customer service is awful. and before the so called o2 boffins on here start copying and pasting their 'non solutions or telling people they can look elsewhere' we know and do no need your non solutions input. 

Message 5 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Dniii
  • 20 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I understand stock is currently hard to come by and this is not due to o2, what I do not understand is current times stated on their website as 4 weeks or up to 4 weeks for certain pros and pro maxes when people have been waiting much longer than that already and haven’t got them.

surely this is essentially lying to customers in order to get customers to order them.

it’s also disgusting the total lack of communication from o2, not a lot to set up automated emails with a generic update.

not happy at all.

Message 1 of 11

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36061 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1602 Solutions

O2's Stock Management system is not real-time, making accurate inventory management awkward at best. Forecasting availability of handsets that are delayed from the manufacturer adds to this uncertainty, as this post indicates:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Iphone-14pro-max/m-p/1584918/highlight/true#M170016

If you care to try ordering direct from Apple, then cancelling your inactive O2 order, perhaps you will get your item sooner, @Dniii - because Apple delivers what little stock it has to its own outlets first.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 11

Dniii
  • 20 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wish the so called o2 geeks would stop replying with generic stock replies. As stated I’m aware it’s not o2 fails. The lack of communication is nothing to do with apple though. And if anyone actually believes o2 has no idea of rough shipment dates they are very naive 

Message 3 of 11

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36061 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1602 Solutions

At least stock replies gave the advantage of being there, whether you want them or not, @Dniii.

If you wish to complain about o2's performance, or lack of it, in this area, then: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

All in the same boat, geeks or not.

Message 4 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12083 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

It will all depend on what stock is in the store vs what the customer wants @Dniii 

I would like to think if there are outstanding orders for models that are in stores then they would direct people to those (or get them back to the main depot to send out).

Can you confirm @Martin-O2 @RafaC @Breanna ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 11

Dniii
  • 20 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im sure there are outstanding orders for all models of the pro range at the minute,

They are recieved at a central warehouse. they should be sent out first come first served to people who have waited months.

They shouldn't be sat at a store as stock for someone to go in and buy. There is no excuse at all 

Message 7 of 11

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@gmarkj I'll pick this up with the team on Monday and see if I can shed some light on the situation. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10203 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Dniii 

They are sent out on a first come first served basis, but Enterprise customers will get any of the stock they ordered before Consumers.

That's not how the split world of Retail works, as both are seen as different sales channels, and you dont know if that iPhone was reserved and never collected...

I also think the guy in the shop is talking garbage, as even Apple dont have any and Apple are priortising stock... either that they are moving stock around between stores....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 11

Dniii
  • 20 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

He wasn’t talking garbage I seen it I;his hands and I spoke to a customer at the time. My phones actually been dispatched this afternoon by the looks of it 

Message 10 of 11