cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct to Bill ~ Charge to Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys.

Well I've just been on to O2 Customer Services via 4445 to ask for a bar to be placed on my account to stop this service which was in connection to recent posts we've been discussing.

It took a while to clarify I didn't want my Big Bundle or Bolt On removing.

The agent then put me on hold and spoke to a manager and came back to say no bar facility exists !

Has anyone else had any confusion and issues with this ?

Private Message sent to @Toby and @Anonymous
Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144885 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Sooooo...after all these ins and outs...am I to understand there is NO need to get this bar put on...or what?? ConfusedLOL

Thay is my interpretation. From the o2 FAQ's they state a number of safeguards and a refund option, none of which apply to those that have fallen foul of the premium text scam, so I think it's not going to stop that from happening at all.......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 95

Cleoriff
  • 123306 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Sooooo...after all these ins and outs...am I to understand there is NO need to get this bar put on...or what?? ConfusedLOL

Thay is my interpretation. From the o2 FAQ's they state a number of safeguards and a refund option, none of which apply to those that have fallen foul of the premium text scam, so I think it's not going to stop that from happening at all.......

Well as I never buy any apps at all.... that might hold me in good stead...but I just didnt want to take the risk that metaphorically speaking...something could sneak in and charge me for something regardless?

However I may not bother barring it...I will wait and see what others say if or when ...they get any answers from CS??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 52 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable
As we are all too aware nowadays anything including payment software can be hacked into.

As a personal decision I'd rather have the peace of mind that it's not live on my account if for example my phone is lost or stolen or anything is hacked. (Even tho I have a pin code activated)
Message 53 of 95

MI5
  • 144885 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
You may as well close your bank account down too if that's the way you feel.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 54 of 95

Cleoriff
  • 123306 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Many threads on here discuss  the advent of all the technology in our lives has brought risks from massive amounts of hacking......into all aspects of living

Its more frightening to worry about all that could happen....

Sometimes, I feel I would rather not know it all .....as I may get rid of everything and lie myself down in a darkened room.....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 95

MI5
  • 144885 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Sometimes, I feel I would rather not know it all .....as I may get rid of everything and lie myself down in a darkened room.....:smileysad:

That is the only way to be 100% safe.

Oh, and stuff all your money under your mattress slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 56 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5 said "You may as well close your bank account down too if that's the way you feel....."

As I said its a personal decision for me ,and does not necessarily suite everyone. wink
Message 57 of 95

MI5
  • 144885 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
I'm not disagreeing - I'm just pointing out that if you feel that strongly about security issues you should be preventing any possible lapses from all other angles too.
It wasn't general advice to everyone it was directed entirely at you as you raised the concern.

Currently using:
Message 58 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable
We all must make our own decisions on what we feel affects our own situations.

Message 59 of 95

MI5
  • 144885 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
I know.... That's my point.

Currently using:
Message 60 of 95