Did you mean: 

Device Trial - Note 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

First Impressions.

I wanted to start this now as I think I'm gonna have so much to say and I don't want to forget anything....

So, anyway WOW !!!!

First thing you notice is the size, obviously.

It's big, but it's not too big. Overall it's not much bigger than my One but the screen looks twice the size.

Talking of the screen, the colours and resolution are just mind blowing.

Air gestures are simply just so convenient you wonder why every phone doesn't have them.

Hover over the lock screen and get notification previews, scroll the page with your eyes, answer a call by waving at the phone (which enables speaker phone mode) - Just so "right" in every way.

There is so much on here as standard I haven't even downloaded one single app of my own yet and I'm still playing with the stock features.....

I haven't turned my tablet on yet since this arrived either as using the S Pen on forums is easy and accurate. Handwriting recognition is linked to the inbuilt dictionary so even if you mis spell a word it still recognises it and enters it correctly....

Anyway, that's it for now so I'm off to play some more.

I'll be watching some TV on it later and on this screen it's gonna be amazing slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like your rather taken with it MI5.

Remember its not for keeps !!

Whistle

Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine is slight_smile
Message 3 of 26

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I've got a few I could sell though wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's worth it mate love mine battery life is outstanding
Message 5 of 26

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Mines been on for over 24 hours now, has been used loads and is at 65%.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 26

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Quick glance is wonderful, but it's very frustrating that if you want to read your messages/see your missed calls you have to press one of the physical buttons to unlock the screen. It also doesn't seem to work in dark rooms, I guess because it uses the proximity sensor. To be honest, some of the gesture stuff is poorly thought out - yes you can swipe between photos hovering your hand, but you need to get your hand to dance around the device to stop from scrolling the wrong way when you want to do several swipes...

The note 3 is one hell of a device, though. I've ditched my nexus 7 because using the note is so convenient. The hardest thing to overcome, for me, was the oled screen - it's quite hard to adjust to it at first, the colour saturation is off the scale, reds seem to leap out of the screen, thankfully there are some options to tone it down a touch. Wouldn't voluntarily go back to a normal screen now, given the choice!
Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got mine 3 days ago fully charged it and no word of a lie it's only now on 10%
Message 8 of 26

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I can believe that...

Currently using:
Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was going to order the spare battery kit but don't think I will need it
Message 10 of 26