Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage problem since moving to 02

Joanne1967
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I visit my mother in TS25 2AF it is a dead zone then it takes about 10 mins to get the service resumed. I have recently changed from Plusnet to 02. I never had a service issue with Plusnet but 02 signal
Is terrible. Not only in TS25 2AF but other places around Hartlepool. I have just returned from Scotland where the service was brilliant, better than plusnet but here in Hartlepool it is rubbish. My daughter is also on 02 and also has problems with 02. My husband is on plusnet and he never has a problem. I’ve been on 02 for a few months and wish I had never changed.  I even changed my iphone as I thought it was that but didn’t make a difference. I am sick of rebooting my iphone which never makes any difference may I add. I know there was a mast problem in this area years ago and it hasn’t been fixed yet but I didn’t think it would effect 02 this month. When I do the 02 signal checker it says no problems but there obviously is. Can anyone please offer any advice. Thank you 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Joanne1967 

2 Different Networks - PlusNet ran off EE, which uses completely different masts to o2.  So the signal will be different. 

The coverage maps are a best guess, and the only way to prove signal is to get some free payg sims and test the coverage.. 

Have a look at this site https://status.o2.co.uk 

also these guides Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

If not then pay off your o2 contract if on PAYG, get an EE sim and port out. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Joanne1967
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply 

Message 3 of 3