Did you mean: 

Identity theft and fraudulent account.

J77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am not an 02 customer.

In July 2023 someone opened multiple accounts with my details with 02 and vodaphone, obtaining multiple iphones.  They managed to do this without bank details ( or certainly not mine ).

I started receiving bills from both suppliers late July 2023. I immediately notified 02, vodaphone and actionfraud who supplied me with a crime reference number.

Vodaphone managed to resolve this with 10 working days.

02 gave me a diary the first diary event number, escalated it to the fraud team and promised resolution within 10-30 working days and a response within 48 hours.

this has now happened on multiple occasions and as of April 2024 have heard nothing from 02.

In november 2023 02 passed this on to Moorcroft debt recovery agency, the bill almost £3000.

I obviously contacted them immediately and gave them all the relevant information.

The put the account on hold pending contact from 02.

Every month i get a letter from Moorcroft telling me that they have been informed by 02 that I need to contact the 02 fraud team on 0844 847 1420 or 0844 826 0290. Both these numbers are either ' not in service' or ' there are no services running on this number'. Today I have spent around 3 hours talking to various customer service agents all over the world all of whom either keep transferring back to another customer service agent, lose the call entirely give me the above numbers or escalate the call to the fraud team again, flagged as urgent to call me back or email me. I am not holding my breath.

Please 02 sort this out, clear my credit history and relieve me of this monthly telephone slog.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23204 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@J77 This is not O2. This is a customer community. I will tag our community manager to see if there's anything he can do to get you pointed in the right direction. 

@Dave-O2 can you please assist?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 680 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino 

@J77 Can you please drop me a PM with some further details and I'll take a closer look?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 3 of 3