cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 15 screen just went black with a loading circle and now my widgets won't work

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

Hi, I picked up my iPhone 15 to reply to a message I had received earlier but hadn't had a chance to respond to and straight after unlocking the iPhone, it came up with the home screen and then all of a sudden everything went black and a white loading symbol was showing in the middle of the screen, nothing was happening and it seemed as if it had froze and then all of a sudden the apple logo appeared and it started to power on normally but now all of my widgets are black and won't work, they just don't do anything. I'm also noticing that if I'm on the widgets screen, when a notification comes through, the screen seems to be a bit jumpy. I'm on the latest iOS and all my apps are up to date. What's happening? I'm also on an O2 Plus Plan, can I just swap it with O2 Switch Up for another model?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@SamsungFanBoy 

Have you tried a reset?

Press vol up, then vol down then hold the power button until the apple logo appears on screen.

You can book a remote diagnosis from here which you can do from work or home, no need to go in store for the checks https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35955 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

Could it be that the phone's AI has cottoned-on to you being called "SamsungFanBoy"? 🤣

You need to be on a Switch Up plan, typically now only available with a Plus Plan tariff, @SamsungFanBoy - Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! has the info.

You could also arrange to have those guys at Apple have a look at it for you with their magic diagnostics kit, a walk-in but pre-bookable service at your nearest iPhone shop, I believe. Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

I don't think you can switch up it the phone is not working.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@SamsungFanBoy 

Have you tried a reset?

Press vol up, then vol down then hold the power button until the apple logo appears on screen.

You can book a remote diagnosis from here which you can do from work or home, no need to go in store for the checks https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4