cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading through Carphone Warehouse Website...!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am an O2 customer but want to upgrade through CPW but it's asking me for my bank details to be billed monthly and doing another credit check...!!!??

WHY? I am already with O2...!???

What is going on?

Message 1 of 53
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
You will still be billed and contracted to O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
CPW have their own rules you must meet. Regardless of who you are with now, they would be liable to O2 for your debt if you defaulted so they want to check you out wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure the tariffs and phone prices are exactly the same, so not sure the benefit of doing it thru CPW if you are already with O2?

Message 3 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

£100 cash back plus £60 cheaper than o2 on iPhone 5 32G upgrade! A saving of £160!!!
So who will be billling me O2 or CPW??

I want to stay as it is? using my o2 app to check my balance etc and calling o2 customer services by dialing 202 from my phone.
I would hate to be billed by CPW.

What a mess this is...

Thanks for your help lads!

Message 4 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hows does the cashback and that work? 

I was under the impression that iphone sales were done through CPW so should be the exact same deal. 

Are you putting your current phone in as part of the deal?

Message 5 of 53

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
You will still be billed and contracted to O2.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just looked on CPW website and can see nothing like what you are saying, show us so others can benefit.

Message 7 of 53

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
The cashback might be through Quidco?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's through quidco lads! Phones 4U are doing a similar offer! This deal runs out tmw at midnight! Phones 4U one runs out in 3 days I think.

I just found out about it through a friend!

Go to quidco and search carphone warehouse and you will see the offers available! You need a quidco account and cash back will be paid straight into the bank account you want it to! A bit of a headache but most times you do save money!

iPhone 5 32G on £26 a month on and on tarrif for 2 years on O2 Upgrade £360 for the phone.

CPW £60 cheaper for the phone plus £100 cashback = £160 saving which is ALOT of money but I don't trust CPW, hate the company TBH...Don't know what to do...

Message 9 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5,

Please confirm that I will NOT be billed by CPW and it will still be the exact way I am being billed now?

Why do CPW need all my details then? I am only getting the phone from them?

Message 10 of 53