Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ringtones

jjr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have done a lot of research on this topic but nothing seems to be working.

I recently got my first iPhone but have used other Apple products before.  I am using version 11.0.5.5 of iTunes and am a windows user.

I downloader iringer to create m4r files but I cannot get them into my tones folder.  I have read various things about checking a box under the tones tab in devices.  However, when I go to my device there is no tab along the top and no box to check, there is only the one in the sidebar and nothing can be dragged/dropped into any of the tones folder.  The m4r ringtone shows up as music (which I can play) but not as a ringtone only even when I sync my phone.

I have even tried other ways of creating custom tones but nothing goes into the tones folder.  It's only a ringtone but it is so frustrating that Apple make it so hard, and I kind of regret getting an iPhone over something else.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
No.

The times I've used it I've not paid anything.
Message 11 of 20

jjr
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have tried this too, and it I can get the clip to sync with my phone. I assume that when I go into my iphone I would see it in the ringtone selection section when I go into settings but it's not there unless there is another way to set it as your ringtone? I can still play it as a music clip but don't see how to set is as a ringtone.
Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Find the song In the library in the app and hit the add to ringtones button.
Message 13 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144723 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

It always shows up for me in the ringtone selection list. The phone should identify it as a ringtone by its format.

ie, Settings >Sounds >Ringtone

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 20

jjr
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you think there could be a problem with the phone itself as I can't get ringtones to show up either from iringer and now from unlimtones.  I have followed all the steps that everyone has suggested yet nothing in settings > sounds > ringtones except the ones that come with the phone?

Message 15 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144723 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
Sometimes turning the phone off and back on can fix a small glitch. If not you can do a reset by holding down the power key and the home button.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have a local apple store a genius will walk you through it.

Best to Make an appointment first.

http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/gb/en/techsupport/

Message 17 of 20

jjr
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks both for your help, I think I'll have to make a trip to the apple store slight_smile

Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome from me and MI5.

They will look after you.
Message 19 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are on PC try following the instructions in this video and do the ringtones via computer. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjloDiNAWjc

Message 20 of 20