cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Hot Spot for tethering to Ipad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Beware received iPhone4 and went through set up, transferring info, music, etc from my old iPhone.  I then tried to tehter Ipad to Iphone;  Looked for 'personal Hot spot' which should have been in general in settings......wasn't there.  Checked I was looking for correct feature and on my sons Iphone4 it was clearly accesible and thethered to my Ipad.  So today I visited my local O2 shop to check if I was looking in the wrong place.  APPARENTLY LATEST SOFTWARE UPDATE WIPES OUT PERSONAL HOTSPOT FACILITY.  There is no way I can restore 'Personal Hot Spot'.  The latest software only enables the 'Personal Hotspot' on Iphone 5.  I can no longet tether Ipad and Iphone.  SO the motto here is if you want to use PERSONAL HOT SPOT FEATURE ON ANYTHING OTHER THAN IPHONE 5, DON'T UPDATE YOUR PHONE SOFTWARE.  O2 have kept this so quiet even some of the staff in the O2 shop had been caught out and lost the Personal Hot Spot feature.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Hi jacdaw1.

Go into your settings, look for network and scroll down, you should find your hotspot setting there, once activate it will return back to the top of the settings menu with wifi etc.

If that fails to work you could always reset the network settings.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Removed by me.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 4

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Hi jacdaw1.

Go into your settings, look for network and scroll down, you should find your hotspot setting there, once activate it will return back to the top of the settings menu with wifi etc.

If that fails to work you could always reset the network settings.
Message 3 of 4

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Well it is on my 4s still 6.1.3

Are you payg or contract?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 4