cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Wifi Profile - installation (iPhone 5)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - I've installed the O2 Wifi app on my iPhone 5, and it asked my if I wanted to install the O2 Wifi Profile to allow automatic connection when in range of a hotspot. I said yes, but now it's asking me for my 'passcode'. Which passcode?

I've had 4 failed attempts so far - I've tried my Apple password twice, one of the passwords I tend to use for other things (I know I shouldn't re-use passwords), and my phone number (suggested by an O2 'guru').

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

John

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144975 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
On Android I got sent a text when I registered with the code to use. It may be different on an iPhone so I would wait until someone with an iphone comes along if you're not sure.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144975 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Did you not get a text with a passcode when you registered?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I installed the O2 Wifi app it sent me a 4 digit code to my phone which I entered to allow the app to install. But this isn't the app - it's the profile, which is optional. Do you think I should use the same 4 digit code? I had assumed that was just for installing the app.

I'm already up to 4 failed attempts so I'm being a bit careful - don't know how many attempts I've got, or what happens if I exceed the limit...

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144975 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
On Android I got sent a text when I registered with the code to use. It may be different on an iPhone so I would wait until someone with an iphone comes along if you're not sure.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. How many times have you used the code? Did you use it a second time, to install the Wifi profile?

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144975 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
I only remember using it once......

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, might be different on Android but I used it to install the app, and that's working fine. It's just this profile thing which is causing the trouble.

Anyway, I came out of the app, and when  I go back in it's not asking me whether I want to install the profile any more - can't see anything in settings either. Perhaps it will pop up again when I get near a hotspot.

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144975 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Once you have the profile set up it will save any hotspots you log into so you don't have to keep logging into them everytime.... That's the theory anyway....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

to install any profile on an iphone it is your 4 digit passcode used to unlock the screen

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 9