cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 insurance do they sent phone to Apple

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Does anyone know if O2 insurance send the phone to Apple for repair ,my daughter got a replacement screen from her O2 insurance as she dropped it but she has just gone a cracked the screen again but doesn't now have insurance I'm just wondering if Apple will touch .?
Thanks
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Apple just sell you a replacement refurbished phone for a fixed price. They won't repair it.
O2 use their own repairers which is Anovo, not Apple.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wish I had know this before O2 sold me the insurance so basically O2 invalidates the warranty ?
Message 3 of 21

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
No, not at all. Smashed screens aren't covered by warranty though anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

This looks as if it is going to be an expensive job @Anonymous Two smashed screens on an iphone? Oh dear...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
So will Apple replace the screen if I take it there .? I don't mind paying . But last time I took my old iPhone that I dropped and got repaired from a non Apple place .apple then refused to repair the phone as it had been touch by someone other than them .
So what I'm trying to find out is if Apple will repair my phone even tho it has already been repaired my O2 insurance .

Thanks
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it will be cleoriff but that's my daughter for you lol I really want Apple to repair it but the nearest one to me is about 50 miles away and don't want it to be a wasted trip if they claim they will not touch it as O2 have already done a screen once of me
Message 7 of 21

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
No, as I said above, Apple will not repair.
They sell you a refurbished phone at a fixed price.
If you tell me which iPhone I will tell you how much - but it will be a replacement phone, not yours repaired.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi it's a iPhone 6 .why do they advertise online that you can get a cracked screen repaired for £86.44 on the Apple Store ?
Message 9 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I'm not sure either? A family member got her screen replaced last year when she took it to the Apple Store in Birmingham. Cost her £129.99...Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 21