cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Anonymous
Not applicable
6 hours ago I got no service. Wifi ok but can't make calls. I went to a shop and got a new sim. After 2 hours I called O2 as no service and they activated the sim. Still no service so I have done a backup and restore backup. Still no service?
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have tried all of the above. Network reset. Network selection for O2 says your selected cellular network is restricted

If your cellular network is restricted then it sounds like it may be barred........ 😞

If the sim works in the other phone then it is the phone that is the problem.

Where did you purchase your phone from?

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have another iPhone and that works ok. I have tried to call the phone and it goes to voicemail.
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
As you have now activated the sim have you rebooted the phone a few times to get it to register on the network?
Message 3 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144779 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Is the other iPhone on o2 also?
If so, it sounds like your other phone went faulty or is barred.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123200 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Is the other iPhone on o2 also?
If so, it sounds like your other phone went faulty or is barred.

Obviously not a network problem then if both phones are on O2?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the iPhone that isn't working one you have acquired recently? Perhaps from eBay or similar?
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Take the sim out, wipe it with a dry cloth then turn the phone back on again or if you tried everything, try a full restore on the iPhone via iTunes
Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Did they say they've performed the sim swap for you in the shop which moves your tariff and number to the new SIM card ?

It can occasionally take up to 24 hours for the connection to network to settle.

If it has not connected after that then speak to O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus to see if the sim swap has failed.

Try Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings.
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Both iPhones are on O2. The problem phone has been working fine for the last 3 years. I have tried rebooting. O2 unlocked it this morning for me but 2 advisors have said that this is not the problem
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ref Unlocking-> Have you completed the unlock by inserting a non O2 uk network SIM card.
Message 10 of 21