cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 Unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I know there have been a lot of previous posts about iPhone 6 unlocking.

Here is my case, I bought iphone 6 on a 24 months O2 contract from carphone warehouse 9 months ago.

I now have to travel outside the country for 9-10 months.

I have offered O2 to pay my contract in advance, Which a lot more than phone's worth. However the response i get from CS is they cannot unlock iphone 6 until I am 12 months into contract. Which sounds ridiculous after I have offered to pay everything upfront.

Please guide me if there is a way out.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

AG

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122979 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Wasn't There something about GAME unlocking iPhone now? Not sure if the 6 was included or not...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Game-now-unlocking-handsets/td-p/884612

There was this but we weren't sure whether Game included the iPhone 6...or added some sort of disclaimer?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Have you tried doctorsimdotcom

They unlock iphone guranteed.

Message 12 of 55

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Best not to use expensive or perhaps even dubious websites, much better to get an official unlock to prevent issues later on and perhaps voiding warranty.

Message 13 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

The information that CS gave you is correct. Unlike O2 refresh where you can just pay the device plan and have it unlocked, CPW contracts don't have an option to pay off the contract, either for unlocking or even upgrading early. The 12 months unfortunately are correct. Smiley Frustrated

Message 14 of 55

MI5
  • 144427 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous

The information that CS gave you is correct. Unlike O2 refresh where you can just pay the device plan and have it unlocked, CPW contracts don't have an option to pay off the contract, either for unlocking or even upgrading early. The 12 months unfortunately are correct. Smiley Frustrated

Still doesn't mean that the entire contract can be paid off early though.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

You lost me know @MI5...

Message 16 of 55

MI5
  • 144427 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Which bit?
The contract bought from CPW can be paid off early, in full, number of months x monthly fee etc, which ends the contract and therefore, legally the phone is paid up in full.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you disconnect yes, but not if you keep it on pay monthly. I've checked with HLC and they say the code wouldn't still be issued. CPW contracts have set rules, and the 12 months rule cannot be "bent".

Edit: forgot to add this, although the OP has no interest in this: You are allowed to , and even get 25%, pay the contract off  IF you go on O2 Refresh.

Message 18 of 55

MI5
  • 144427 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
O2 can't refuse if the phone is out of contract.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122979 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
O2 can't refuse if the phone is out of contract.

Haven't we heard this a couple of times recently @MI5.?? ...I cant find the threads but I am sure with a lot of pushing from the OP they unlocked his phone. It was someone who was going abroad....if i remember?.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 55