cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find my iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable
I logged into find my iPhone yesterday and didn't sign out. I assumed it would automatically sign me out.
I went back into it today and I was still signed in. I waited iver an hour to see if it'll sign me out but it's not.
I'm on iOS 8 but I reember on iOS 7 it did sign me out if I didn't do it.
Has anyone else noticed this too?
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If I log in it keeps me logged in too.
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Found this Apple help link http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2610

"If you select “Keep me signed in,” then anytime you return to iCloud.com within two weeks you are not asked to sign in (except to use Find My iPhone, which continues to require your password). You stay signed into iCloud.com even if you refresh your browser window, close the browser window where you are signed into iCloud, or quit the web browser."
Message 3 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144785 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27758 Solutions
Just checked mine and I'm still logged in - last time I accessed it was Christmas day
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Weird this is happening as from http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202303

"You are automatically signed out of the Find My iPhone app (on device or on the web) after 15 minutes of inactivity."
Message 5 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144785 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27758 Solutions
I just went straight in here https://www.icloud.com/ no need to sign in or anything (Chrome browser).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
tgats what I thought after 15 mins your automatically logged out and this is what it says on the iPhone website.
Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just tried again and after 15 minutes I'm still logged in.

Their is a sign out tab on the app if you wish to.
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is why I'm confused. If I was to leave my phone somewhere then if your like me and have a few Apple devices I could easily be tracked home as the iPad and ipod are always at home. I know I could sign in and block the device but if it was to fall into the wrong hands they can turn it off and then it's pointless I think
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know you can sign out manually what I can't get my head round is the fact that you are supposed to get signed out automatically after a certain length of time
Message 10 of 21