Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch 8 - airtime plan does not activate

T_K
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have been trying to set up an airtime plan for my apple watch (8), which I did not buy from o2 (although I tried but that’s another story!). After pairing the watch to my iPhone (12, both up to date on softwares), I went to set up the mobile plan, following the required steps. I waited over 48 hrs but the activation never completed.

Had numerous calls via 202 with CS and sales, unpaired and waited days again, whilst the watch mobile plan bit on the watch app kept showing a message that my plan was being set up but if no texts came to confirm so I should call 202 and quote ref code 08.

I was today told I would need to unpair again and not use my watch for 3 days to get this resolved. I also now have a text saying ‘Just confirming we've received your issue report (no: CIT-A001304). We'll aim to resolve this in 3-7 working days.’

I have a feeling that none of this is actually working. Having scrolled through some posts here, I have now also enabled wifi calling and set a £10 spend cap (had no cap before), which haven’t done the trick.

As a last resort I wondered if anyone here can help / has any ideas?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

T_K
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update - I checked back on the watch app under mobile data and the ‘ref code 08’ message disappeared. Now I have the option again to log in and presumably restart the setting up of the airtime plan again. 

I don’t really know if after my last call to 202 they did something to my account, and I’m not sure whether I should try setting up the airtime plan again. 

@gmarkj thanks for tagging me in the other thread for @O2Trevski to look into. Any advice as to what I should do?

Message 2 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12083 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Not sure to be honest @T_K !

I'll ask @O2Sarah- to confirm if you are ok to try setting the watch up again (if you haven't tried already by now)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 10

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@T_K I will send you a private message so we can check your account.

Message 4 of 10

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

If it’s ah6 reassurance I’ve always had a smooth activation process. Hopefully you will to after this issue is resolved. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 5 of 10

synackuk
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exactly the same here, did you ever get this fixed?

Message 6 of 10

T_K
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No… the issue has been passed onto the case management team. Waiting to hear back…

Message 7 of 10

T_K
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Latest update

@O2Sarah has kindly passed me onto the case management team, who called me on 27 Dec to advise that they had cleared the data from my account and I should unpair my watch (again), wait 24 hrs before pairing, then add the mobile data and wait 24 hrs to activate. 

I did the above, except when I paired the watch and it came to setting up mobile data, it didn’t ask me to log in and go through the setup, it was already showing the message that the data is being added but if it doesn’t activate within 24 hrs, call 202 quoting ref code 08… well it hasn’t activated… 

I’m beyond baffled! Looks like I’ve spent an extra £100 on the cellular watch for nothing.

Message 8 of 10

Ashasg03
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi i need help please my apple cellular suddenly just stopped working and it says not in use but worked fine yesterday

Message 9 of 10

T_K
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Latest update - I have now missed 2 calls from someone at o2 (once in the shower, once underground) to discuss the fault with setting up the watch. The only information the voicemails give me is some weird reference codes but no number to call them back on and I bet they won’t try again. Not even considering calling 202 since they generally have no clue about anything and are never willing to transfer me anywhere… Shambles

Message 10 of 10