cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch mobile data setup is failing.

ambientcoast
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm trying to set up mobile data on an Apple Watch Series 6 using an iPhone 12 Pro, and it's failing every time I hit the O2 log in screen during the setup process in the Watch app on the phone.

The error I'm getting every time once I enter my user name and password is:

"Oops, something went wrong. Try again and if the problem continues call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 112"

've tried getting in touch with O2 customer service and they can't help at all. They say they've tried everything they can, and just try to direct me to an O2 shop - which is pretty inconvenient at the minute.

The thing is, I've had this phone and watch for two years, but with another network, and it has worked flawlessly. I've only recently ported my number to O2, and it's frustrating that I can't get this set up.

I've wiped all old data plans from the watch, I've fully reset it, I've set it up as a new device, etc, etc - but I get this same error every time I try the set up process. I'm not sure what more someone in an O2 shop could do over and above this stuff?

Is there anyone else from O2 here who can look into this for me? Or anyone who's run into this before? I've seen similar posts describing the same kind of problem, but never reference code 112! 

Someone must know what this means and how to fix it! 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12112 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

Two things to check @ambientcoast - are you on a pay monthly deal, and do you have the iData bolt on for your account?

The first one you will know, the second you will need to check with customer services.

Once you confirm both, and if any changes are made by CS then give it 24 hours before trying again, get back in touch if there are still issues.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12112 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

Two things to check @ambientcoast - are you on a pay monthly deal, and do you have the iData bolt on for your account?

The first one you will know, the second you will need to check with customer services.

Once you confirm both, and if any changes are made by CS then give it 24 hours before trying again, get back in touch if there are still issues.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 2