Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Code 90

Kumon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am not able to setup Mobile Service via my iPhone for my Watch Ultra 2. I get an error code 90. Please help. Thanks.

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WhoRu
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've had the error code 90 on my Apple Watch Series 8 while trying to set up the O2 smartwatch plan after porting my mobile number over from Vodafone.

I don't know if it is just coincidence, but I've managed to get it working. After about a dozen attempts, all ending with "oops, something went wrong (blah, blah)....error code 90" I started experimenting last night. The thing that 'may' have  fixed it for me is when I went in to settings on my iPhone 14 Pro and selected 'Mobile Service'. I then scrolled down to 'Apps by usage' and turned OFF 'Watch'. I then went back to the Watch app on my phone and went through the mobile plan set up again. This time it worked instantly and I got the message that setup was successful and activation was in progress and would take up to 24hrs or maybe longer. I then turned 'Watch' back on in 'General/Settings/Mobile Service/Apps by usage'. This was at about 11:30pm last night, and when I woke up this morning my watch plan was active and I had received an SMS from O2 confirming the same.

As I said, I don't know if this was just a coincidence but after a dozen attempts it worked straight away after taking the above steps. Maybe someone else in the same position could give it a go. Hopefully it may be of use. If not, no harm done.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 17

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5746 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Kumon 

You are certainly not alone with problems setting up the Apple watch. If you search this forum, you will find numerous other examples. Some threads even contain solutions, but what works for one user does not seem to help another. 

Please keep us informed of developments.  

Message 3 of 17

WhoRu
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've had the error code 90 on my Apple Watch Series 8 while trying to set up the O2 smartwatch plan after porting my mobile number over from Vodafone.

I don't know if it is just coincidence, but I've managed to get it working. After about a dozen attempts, all ending with "oops, something went wrong (blah, blah)....error code 90" I started experimenting last night. The thing that 'may' have  fixed it for me is when I went in to settings on my iPhone 14 Pro and selected 'Mobile Service'. I then scrolled down to 'Apps by usage' and turned OFF 'Watch'. I then went back to the Watch app on my phone and went through the mobile plan set up again. This time it worked instantly and I got the message that setup was successful and activation was in progress and would take up to 24hrs or maybe longer. I then turned 'Watch' back on in 'General/Settings/Mobile Service/Apps by usage'. This was at about 11:30pm last night, and when I woke up this morning my watch plan was active and I had received an SMS from O2 confirming the same.

As I said, I don't know if this was just a coincidence but after a dozen attempts it worked straight away after taking the above steps. Maybe someone else in the same position could give it a go. Hopefully it may be of use. If not, no harm done.

Message 4 of 17

Oxonian
  • 5746 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@WhoRu 

That's excellent news, well done for getting up and running. 

I am sure that @Kumon might be keen to try your method. 

Message 5 of 17

Birdiefan
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Flipping heck that actually worked, thank you so much!  Have had 4 months of error code 106 which O2 have completely failed to fix. Today I tried again to set up the watch data plan on the off-chance and it progressed further than ever before only to get error code 90.  Here we go again I thought. But I was wrong. Following your instructions it has worked and my watch is no longer just a watch any more.  Brilliant!  Thanks again. 

Message 6 of 17

Oxonian
  • 5746 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Birdiefan 

Glad to hear that you are sorted ! 😁

Message 7 of 17

Oxonian
  • 5746 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Birdiefan 

Glad to hear that you are sorted ! 😙

Message 8 of 17

WhoRu
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Birdiefan So glad it worked for you

Message 9 of 17

Kumon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried the next day (did not change anything) and it just worked, not sure why. Only advice I can give is try, try and then try some more. Seems like a problem on o2's end. Also please do not contact customer service, it's a pure waste of time. They have no idea what is going on and will pass you along to Sales, accounts and other departments. 

Message 10 of 17