cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 5s - 16months old - hardware fault - Apple refuse to replace

Anonymous
Not applicable

Appalling customer service. My iphone won't turn on. Apple have diagnosed 'hardware fault' - say it's out of warranty so the only solution is to buy a new phone. Phone was new last Feb. Not impressed at all

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123323 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

It is unacceptable...but I didn't think it was anything to do with O2 @jonsie I thought iPhones only ever had a 12 month warranty irrespective of which network they were on?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is O2 who are covered by the Act, as you say, not Apple (unless the phone was bought from an Apple retail outlet - online or store). In the UK warranties are less useful than the Sale of Goods and Services Act. I agree that Apple should offer more than 12 moths, but that's by the by. O2 have to comply with retail Acts in the UK when doing business here.
Message 22 of 26

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

O2 are the supplier unless bought from Apple therefore the SGA applies to them and not Apple...

Message 23 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

O2 as the vendor are the people that need to be accountable, not Apple, but they have no confidence in their own product to give more than 1 year warranty. Anyone else find this totally unacceptable for a £600+ phone?

but people still buy their products.....go figure!! Help

More info

Message 24 of 26

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I would say sheep, but more like lambs to the slaughter....stand by for deletion....

Message 25 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

O2 are the supplier unless bought from Apple therefore the SGA applies to them and not Apple...

It applies to whichever legal entity you have a retail agreement with, to purchase the goods or the service.  For a phone on contract it will probably be O2.  For a phone bought at an Apple Store, it will be the Apple Store (likely to be a separate entity to that which made the phone, but under the same legal parent).

If the phone is on O2 Refresh, then there is also a company providing credit and that company is jointly liable with the retailer.  See earlier post.

Message 26 of 26