cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 5 unlocking Phones4u

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have been given an iphone 5 locked to O2 that I would like to give to my daughter who is tied to a Vodafone contract.

The original owner tried to get O2 to unlock it for me but was refused as the phone was purchased from Phones4u and they had no record of it as they have gone out of business. The original owners new handset is with O2. 

I just would like to know if I have been given the correct information and if so is there an official way to unlock the iphone ? I don't really want to deal with 3rd party unlocking companies.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, just to say I went the " top up PAYG with £20 route" and filled in the form last night.

Got reply this morning and unlocked the handset successfully.

Many thanks for everyones help.

I do appreciate that the advice that I could have done it for free was correct but it was a bit awkward trying to get the original account holder to fill in the form! and I can use the remaining credit in my GSM dialler unit so £15 was'nt too painful.

Also tried swapping vodafone,3, and o2 sims around a few times and all is good. Cheers.

Message 12 of 14

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 13 of 14

MI5
  • 144408 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Great news slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14