cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 4 not receiving SMS messages.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone has just stopped receiving SMS messages, but does receive iphone messages.  Have tried changing carrier to vodaphone and turning the phone on and off on numerous occasions.  Thank you

EDIT: I have tried this http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/IPhone-4S-won-t-receive-text-messages/td-... but this did not work

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I have O2-uk at left of screen, so I have Network signal, I guess.
Don't know how long it's been going on as it is hard to know what i Haven't received!!
Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Ask in store for a sim swap.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Even using paperclip - zero. How do I use the paperclip ? I just put one end into the tiny hole (!) at side & pushed firmly. Can't get tray to open!
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

tried the imessage off and sent and received txt message to myself. Will now turn imessage back on......

Message 14 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Even using paperclip - zero. How do I use the paperclip ? I just put one end into the tiny hole (!) at side & pushed firmly. Can't get tray to open!

Sorry I meant to reply to your post ...instead I gave it a kudo...no worries. Rolleys

The diagram in the link and information it contains show you exactly how to get the sim tray open. However if you are struggling I would go instore. You may need a new sim anyway...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Push harder!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16