cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video guides for your iPhone (iOS6 and under)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Our community member Fatboy has made some fantastic iOS video guides. Because they're so helpful, I've collected them all in this thread. Please feel free to use this thread for suggesting topics or adding your own videos. I'll regularly update this post with the latest from the community.

Using your iPhone as a Personal wifi Hotspot aka Tethering

More info

Enabling smilies / Emoji keyboard

More info

How to turn off the subject field in messages

More info

How to "Forget Network" / Wifi connection issues

More info

How to check how much data you've used

More info

Using Apple Maps like a SatNav

More info

Battery tips

More info

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome Alexander slight_smile

I've ran out of ideas for video guides for the time been slight_smile . But if anyone has any ideas/requests for a video guide, then just post a reply and I'll see what I can do. However, some guides I can't make if I cannot censor out private information in the video.

Message 41 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

In this video, I show how you can use the mobile data connection of your iPhone, and connect a device to it. In this video, I show how to do this with an iPad, but with any wifi device it should be possible to do this. This process is called tethering or Personal Hotspot.

Message 42 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Leonard, Toby.

Could you please add this latest video to the list of videos on the first post on this thread.

Thanks slight_smile

Message 43 of 45

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Will do Fatboy slight_smile

Nice job

Edit: Scratch that, its already there grin

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 44 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not really a specific iOS 6 guide.

But I thought I would make a guide that showed how you can add your own pictures/photos and use them as wallpapers on your iPhone.

1: Create a folder in a convenient place on your computer, for example, I have a folder in my Pictures folder on my Mac called iPhone Wallpapers, and it's in this folder that I place all the wallpapers I'm wanting to have added onto my iPhone.

2: Load up iTunes on your computer, and then connect your iPhone up, it will then appear down the left handside in the DEVICES section.

After this, follow what I have shown in the screenshots slight_smile

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Now any photos/pictures you place in the chosen folder will then be added onto your iPhone when you sync your iPhone in iTunes, also any photos/pictures you delete from your chosen folder will then be removed from your iPhone when you next sync it with iTunes.

To then choose your wallpaper that you would have just added, you would simply go through the process that you would do when you were choosing a wallpaper on your iPhone normally (i.e. Settings/Wallpapers & Brightness). Your new folder that you would have created on your computer, will be listed/shown in Wallpaper section on your iPhone.

Message 45 of 45