cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping number

Anonymous
Not applicable
Spoke to somebody on chat yesterday to swap my number and it is in the process but could be Monday before it is done due to the weekend. Which number will receive the text once it is swapped over as I wanted to sell my old phone today?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If you perform the sim swap at home via http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk a code will be sent to your old sim card which you use to start the swap off. Then you'll know when the swap has started as service will stop on your old sim card.
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23161 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

If your sim card on your new phone is a different size from your old one, it would probably be best not to sell your old phone today. If you did you would have no way of knowing when the service stops on the old card and you can start checking the new one. As sim swaps aren't done over the weekend, it would be best to wait.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
My sim is the same size but is on a different network. I just sent my pac code over to 02 and spoke to someone over chat and they said I won't get any texts on my old network. Will it be okay to sell my old handset?
Message 4 of 10

Bambino
  • 23161 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

I honestly don't know. Maybe someone else can answer that for you. Seems a bit pointless to have sent your PAC today. It won't get actioned until Monday at the earliest, and it can then take several days for the number to transfer.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I sent it yesterday actually and they said it'll be done Monday
Message 6 of 10

Bambino
  • 23161 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

Ah, that's different then. Does your old phone still work?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah it does but I really wanted to sell it today because if I wait until next week it won't be as much. But I spoke to a guy on 02 chat and he said the text would go to my 02 sim not my EE one but going to double check in the shop before I sell I think
Message 8 of 10

Bambino
  • 23161 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

I've never done a PAC and sim swap at the same time, so I think it's probably wise to double check. Chat information can sometimes be unreliable.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Take your EE sim out of old phone and sell phone - It's not needed anymore.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10