cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden data usage spike - Twitter to blame?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had a weird sudden spike in my data usage and can't understand what's going on 😞 I've got an iPhone 5c which I've had since last May, on a plan with 1GB of data included. In a normal month I don't use more than about 700MB of my data allowance. Last night, with 18 days to go till my data plan refreshes, I had a text to say I've used 80% of my data. I'm not doing anything differently to any previous month - I mostly use my phone at home on WiFi and might look at Twitter or facebook for a few minutes a day while at work using mobile data. As I've had battery issues in the past, all the obvious data drains such as the email push setting, facebook video auto play and background app refresh are switched off already.
I tweeted O2 this morning to ask for advice. They advised me to see an O2 Guru but also to monitor my data usage. I reset my data counter and all I've done using mobile data today is send two tweets, spending no more than three minutes on the Twitter app in total, and my data counter is saying I've used 29.2MB of data doing so. This seems an awful lot! Is it reasonable to think it's Twitter that has suddenly started using up my data so rapidly and if so, what can I do? Thanks slight_smile
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions