cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving deleted SMS messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Does anyone know whether it's possible to retrieve deleted text messages from an iphone 4?  I haven't synched since they were deleted. I think its probably not possible but any comments would be appreciated. Look forward to hearing .......

Anne.

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Unless they were backed up then there is no way to recover them on the iphone unfortunately.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Unless they were backed up then there is no way to recover them on the iphone unfortunately.

Message 2 of 18

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Question is did you sync after recovering and before deleting said txt?

Or do you sync to the cloud?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I struggle a bit with this ... Do you mean back up as in sync? I do sync regularly but haven't since I deleted the texts. And no, I don't sync to the cloud though its on my list of things to sort out! 😩
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

In that case I'm afraid to say as you didn't back up before you deleted the text they may well be lost.

just wondered did you have the SMS on the phone last time you synced as you maybe able to restore from an old backup & still may have them

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I did... How would I try to restore them?
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Plug your phone into your pc load up iTunes , click restore then when it asks you if you want to set up as a new iPhone or restore from previous backup, click previous backup

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Stuart. I'll have a go at that tomorrow - I'll let you know whether I've managed it!
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem, glad I'm able to help, 

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stuart

I'm happy to say your advice worked a treat! Thank you!!!   However.......something else happened which I really can't explain!!  A couple of my icons have disappeared and most fatally of all "Keeper"!!  I didn't get the chance to try to sort original problem out until late last night so with a clear head this evening I'll try and restore Keeper......Arrrgggggg!!!

Anne.

Message 10 of 18