cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nano-Sims - Do you get sent one with a new iphone?

OpaqueEntity
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm going to transfer from an iphone to an iphone 6 (don't know if I'll get it through refresh or direct from Apple as O2 don't seem to want my money) and I just realised that I will need a nano-sim for the 6.

Do they come with a new order or do they just assume you are moving from a 5 that already has one?

I'm currently on the simplicity sim only deal with 750mb data tariff and will probably stay on it considering that there is no 4G in Cambridge.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
It should come with a new sim but they are free to pick up from an O2 store so might be an idea to pick one up just in case.
Once you get it just do an online sim swap.
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
It should come with a new sim but they are free to pick up from an O2 store so might be an idea to pick one up just in case.
Once you get it just do an online sim swap.
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Ask the shop for an account specific blank nano sim card as contract and payg ones holds different info.

The O2 shop can perform the sim swap for you. Takes from a few minutes to approximately 24 hours depending on how busy the network is. Turning airplane mode in and off helps.

You'll know when it's started as the original sim will lose service.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Obviously don't start the sim swap until you have the phone the sim will be going into wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

OpaqueEntity
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks to you all slight_smile

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
It's a pleasure mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Most welcome. slight_smile
Message 7 of 7